Thailand's Highest Restaurant and Bar is now open at Mahanakhon Bangkok SkyBar

webfact

12 hours ago, DrTuner said:

It's a typical Thai method of trying to force you  to buy something, Tuktuks to jewelry shops because Grand Palace is closed, the layouts of shopping malls, etc. Out of principle I never buy anything from places that try that old trick.

So basically you never buy anything in a shopping mall or a supermarket?  They are ALL designed to maximise your spending and there is a lot of science and research behind it.

But good for you for shopping exclusively at family run stores - I bet your wardrobe is fab.

This Mahanakhon tower is not a nice place to visit.

1- It's super expensive

2- You can't bring liquids up, not for safety but because they want to sell you water for 200 baht or juices for 300. Scummy folks.

3- They force you to stop and take shitty fake photos in front of a green screen that are obviously also super expensive.

4- When you get down the milking continues because they drop you in a literal maze of stores. You have to find your way down 3 levels, going through the only possible path THROUGH all shops.

I rarely felt as frustrated as I was visiting this place. So of course, I can't expect a restaurant here to be any different.

13 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

So basically you never buy anything in a shopping mall or a supermarket?  They are ALL designed to maximise your spending and there is a lot of science and research behind it.

But good for you for shopping exclusively at family run stores - I bet your wardrobe is fab.

Indeed I try to avoid them as much as possible. Need to eat so have to shop, Makro mostly. My collection of beach shorts from talad is truly fab.

Archived