Food price at bangkok 4 star hotel landmark

thaiboss

28 minutes ago, madmen said:

I think you dropped a star. Surely you saw the price next to your selection?

Thats not expensive for a 5 star hotel. Foodland has cheaper dining soi 5

the last time i eat at a hotel 4 or 5 may be  6 years ago .....i went to switzerland last january eating at 4 star hotel lunch in basel city train station aera lunch with meat and roesti + 1 glass of red wine  + 1 expresso + cookies exchange to thai baht it was 620 thai baht. Switzerland is very expensiv nowadays if you do not have swiss francs.

someone told me He eat cheese burger with french fries at amari hotel watergate pool aera restaurant for 860 thai baht + I beer its may be   normal rate for hotels here but its overpriced nowadays with a thai baht 34 to Euro........ but who cares !!

salary average of hotel waiters at restaurant 12.000.-- thai baht per month

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thaiboss said:

Just for info after many years i went again eating lunch at Landmark Hotel sukhumvit , 1 Pm i noticed there are no foreigners exept indians and middel east people   walking street sukhumvit soi 6to 15  soi 4  nana aera  1PM empty of farangs.

I remember 10 years ago only at 12H00 full swing already at beergarden soi 7 and nana  soi 4 .

Menu price at Landmark hotel sukhumvit I eat a caesar salad with a coffee americano + 1 normal small water bottle total damage with 7% tax and 10% service 820 thai baht .....

820 thai baht for a salad +water a  1 coffee !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"820 thai baht for a salad +water a  1 coffee !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Don't forget the convenience and comfort of being in a 4(5?)-star hotel in a CBD and being waited on.

"1 Pm i noticed there are no foreigners exept indians and middel east people   walking street sukhumvit soi 6to 15  soi 4  nana aera  1PM empty of farangs".

No foreigner or farangs?  Yeah, right.

Edited by Just Weird
  • Confused 1

I lived around the corner from the place for a couple years.

It is nice to sit outside people watching. But to me, Landmark is a huge rip off.  I took a girl their for lunch one time and it was almost 2000 b.  She was so impressed however, she came back to my apartment. ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I lived around the corner from the place for a couple years.

It is nice to sit outside people watching. But to me, Landmark is a huge rip off.  I took a girl their for lunch one time and it was almost 2000 b.  She was so impressed however, she came back to my apartment. ????

And how much did that set you back........:whistling:

The sky is the limit.

At Sirocco (Lebua).

Corn fed chicken 1750.

Pork(!) chop 1800.

If your lady insists on her rice, steamed rice side-dish 330.

Obscene.

Chef's menu 4500, with the Champagne 14400.

(excl. tax and service of course)

03-sirocco-restaurant-at-lebua-state-tow

Edited by KhunBENQ

3 minutes ago, Kim J said:

Many things in Thailand now have caught on to charging Western prices. unfortunately they are yet to catch on to the Western standards of quality and service.

Simple answer: Do not frequent the places, whilst people keep paying the inflated prices they will continue to charge and increase them further.

Large hotels 4 & 5* are notoriously expensive the world over.

They prosper for good reason, the wealthy and businessman globetrotters are in a different class to expat pensioners.

I walked by a few months and considered to have a beer on the terrasse. I asked the waiter, how much for a pint of Singha. His reply was; 255 Baht. I moved on, and had one for 105 Baht at another place……...

17 hours ago, thaiboss said:

Menu price at Landmark hotel sukhumvit I eat a caesar salad with a coffee americano + 1 normal small water bottle total damage with 7% tax and 10% service 820 thai baht .....

820 thai baht for a salad +water a  1 coffee !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is so much more expensive than home. People look at me like I am going crazy these days when I say I have changed my holiday destination away from Thailand because it's become expensive. 820 baht (27 USD !!!) for a salad and a coffee and water is crazy.

2 hours ago, mstevens said:

This is so much more expensive than home. People look at me like I am going crazy these days when I say I have changed my holiday destination away from Thailand because it's become expensive. 820 baht (27 USD !!!) for a salad and a coffee and water is crazy.

Geez, not a good argument at all. 

Go around the corner and get a nice sized bowl of chicken noodle soup for 45 b.

Or T21 food court many choices and dishes 40 to 50 b.

The Landmark maybe the most expensive place in lower Sukhumvit not a price comparison place at all.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, bergen said:

I walked by a few months and considered to have a beer on the terrasse. I asked the waiter, how much for a pint of Singha. His reply was; 255 Baht. I moved on, and had one for 105 Baht at another place……...

by the way i was the only guest on the terrasse and  2 guest inside the coffe shop