Thai man invents pollution free generator that doesn’t need fuel

snoop1130

Seems many ill-informed and you could say ignorant posters commenting on this post - hand wound energy stored devices are commercially available for various uses, including power generation. 

Where this article is at fault along with the Thai patents office is this idea is not new and very unlikely to be patentable outside of Thailand, and in fact probably shouldn't be patented here either. 

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/4/2019 at 4:59 PM, Crossy said:

Let's not knock the guy, he's designed and built a useful power supply which is green and should produce enough energy for a minimal lifestyle.

It's amazing how little power you can get away with and be infinitely more comfortable than with no power at all.

I'd rather buy solar panels and a wind mill....

He can only get out less energy than he puts into it.

1 hour ago, tandor said:

..is that the same waterfall that has a small turbine hooked up to that same battery?

That is possible but self depleting over time -- conversation of engery rule applies. 

6 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Seems many ill-informed and you could say ignorant posters commenting on this post - hand wound energy stored devices are commercially available for various uses, including power generation. 

Where this article is at fault along with the Thai patents office is this idea is not new and very unlikely to be patentable outside of Thailand, and in fact probably shouldn't be patented here either. 

Of course you are spot on but unfortunately Thais have no comprehension of the outside world and their poor education allows them to meander in ignorance of the real words development of the last 300 years or so.

7 minutes ago, Uptooyoo said:

I'd rather buy solar panels and a wind mill....

He can only get out less energy than he puts into it.

Correct, power out = power in less losses. 

the bit on top looks a lot like an inverter to me.

The inverter on top of the car battery is how he gets mains voltage to power the grinder - I assume he has a large flywheel inside the box wired up to a car alternator charging up the battery ... all we now need are a few Fluke current clamps and a volt meter and we can see what is going on .... All good to him for making something ...

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Not exactly new.

we have a bunch of Flashlights for use when the Power goes off as it does all too often. These Flashlights have a small Hand Crank and a minute of cranking provides about five minutes of lighting.

They were purchased at an Aussie Hardware Chain about eight years ago.

2 hours ago, Torrens54 said:

Not exactly new.

we have a bunch of Flashlights for use when the Power goes off as it does all too often. These Flashlights have a small Hand Crank and a minute of cranking provides about five minutes of lighting.

They were purchased at an Aussie Hardware Chain about eight years ago.

Available in our Lotus store, or were - haven't looked lately as I already have a couple. 

On 7/4/2019 at 11:00 AM, BobBKK said:

He can join the doctors who cured Ebola, the researchers who cured HIV and all the other claims down the years. UNLESS he's right of course than he'll be a multi-billionaire and Elon Musk will be phoning soon.

Didn't Trevor Bayliss invent something like this. I remember his wind up (clockwork) radio, flashlight etc..

1 minute ago, MaxYakov said:

Thai man invents pollution-free generator that doesn’t need fuel

Maybe good for 100 watt hours on one windup?

The way this topic has been going, perhaps it should be: Good for 100 hours discussion about this wind up?

OK - I finally watched the video.

I'm an Electrical Engineer so I know what I'm talking about:

He has a crank handle connected to a step-up gear syetem that is driving a 12-volt alternator.  That is charging the big battery sitting on top of the orange box.

On top of the battery is a 12Volt inverter that has a 240volt output.

Nothing new to see here folks.  Inverters are common in cars when people want to run "mains-powered" stuff.  They are also used on solar-charged battery banks to provide "mains power" in homes.

Just another bit of media sensationalism.

8 minutes ago, Lenny Jones said:

He has a crank handle connected to a step-up gear syetem that is driving a 12-volt alternator.  That is charging the big battery sitting on top of the orange box.

Nothing new to see here folks.  Inverters are common in cars when people want to run "mains-powered" stuff.  They are also used on solar-charged battery banks to provide "mains power" in homes.

But we knew that from the first posts. Bulls$$t baffling brains.

On 7/5/2019 at 8:31 AM, Shadychris said:

You must be forgetting that the vast majority of TV members who like to think they are so superior, and ready to criticise Thai's intelligence at every opportunity, arent actually smart enough themselves to learn the Thai language.. 

Agree!

And they marry the “bargirl” and then complain about that.

4 hours ago, Lenny Jones said:

I have a better idea. How about a doggy treadmill attached to a generator? All I have to do is trap the soi-dogs on my street. I'll rotate them out when they get tired. They can eat rats, so the fuel is free. Do this all day until my 500 kilowatt-hour battery bank is charged up, then run the D.C. through inverters. I can power up the whole condo building and make money off the other tenants. But who am I? Just a dim-witted farang with no imagination. Can't compete with a Thai.

6 hours ago, bluesofa said:

The way this topic has been going, perhaps it should be: Good for 100 hours discussion about this wind up?

The majority of it being useless ????

#1 Human power is not pollution free. Breathing produces a greenhouse gas for starters!

#2 he is simply converting potential energy to kinetic energy, with all the attendant losses to friction, etc. There are countless ways to do this and a spring is one of the simplest.

#3 the first telephones way back when used a hand rank generator to power the bell that alerted the remote operator that they wanted a connection. Hand crank radios are readily available anywhere on the web. Hand crank generators were used by all the combatants in WW2 for field radio communications.

#4 anybody who has used a modern exercise bicycle with an electronic readout of power being generated knows that a decent amount of work is necessary to generate only a few watts. Lighting a 15W bulb for 30 minutes raises a considerable sweat. Fortunately the gym is cooled by a multi-kilowatt aircon to keep the rider cool. If he's using an alternator he needs a battery to power the field winding.

#5 Micheal Faraday would not be the least bit surprised by this 'invention' and he's been dead for a few hundred years.

#6 Hey, the old guy is at least enjoying his 15 minutes of fame. Good for him for making the news so easily. The Cheeto in Chief has to threaten war with Iran to get coverage.

10 hours ago, Lenny Jones said:

To think that poor guy has been working on this for 10 years.

Education folks.

7 hours ago, Yinn said:

Agree!

And they marry the “bargirl” and then complain about that.

Your criticism is based on ignorance and is unbecoming.  I was not criticizing a Thai person.  I stated facts,.  I fired a salvo at the media that took it away from the truth for the sake of media sensationalism.

And - By the way - I married a Thai lady who - like me - has NEVER been inside a Thai bar

I think you need to find some Yang to balance your outlook on life.

1 hour ago, Lenny Jones said:

I married a Thai lady who - like me - has NEVER been inside a Thai bar

Sure bud. ????

No one here has ever been in a bar either.

Archived