Pond steriliser - help please

StevieAus

I am seeking advice in regard to resolving an issue concerning the online purchase  of an Emaux UV pond steriliser from a company called the Thailand Online Swimming Pool Shop located in Suwannakhua.

I returned the product over four weeks ago under the 2 year warranty as it ceased to function, it is approximately 6 months old and hasn’t been used continuously 

The service from the purchaser which seems to be owned or operated by an expat is abysmal it took almost 2 weeks for them to collect the product from the post office when returned.

Emails are not answered and no one seems to answer the several telephone numbers listed, the only telephone number listed for Emaux in Australia never answers despite several attempts.

Does anyone have any information or experience with either of these companies or any suggestions as to how to resolve the issue, or perhaps write it off as a bad experience.

perhaps write it off as a bad experience.

Wish I could help but my experience with warranty in Thailand is dodgy at best.  The "name brands" seem to be better for that - but not much.  There's this place but I don't know anybody who has tried using:

https://www.consumersinternational.org/members/members/office-of-the-consumer-protection-board-of-thailand/ 

• Like 1

Possible the "farang" is busy supervising someones pool construction or has malaria or , or,or.

But on would think at least a email would be forth coming.

Does Emaux or the vendor provide the warranty? The online shop may have to return it to vendor or warranty is voided because of the third party thing.

3 hours ago, bankruatsteve said:

Wish I could help but my experience with warranty in Thailand is dodgy at best.  The "name brands" seem to be better for that - but not much.  There's this place but I don't know anybody who has tried using:

https://www.consumersinternational.org/members/members/office-of-the-consumer-protection-board-of-thailand/ 

Thanks for your response interestingly I have just received an email to say that the company will receive the repaired product tomorrow.

Coincidence perhaps or maybe they read Thai Visa.

I will wait and see and post the outcome.

To be fair, over the years I have lived here maybe I have been lucky and had no problem when things fail, the companies always repair or replace.

Recently I returned a product to Lazada that was faulty on the day They received it I received an email and later in the day another confirming a refund had been made.

I also returned an android box to a well UK TV provider who sent out a replacement the same day, maybe third time lucky ?

Edited by StevieAus
Omission should read “ well known”
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Possible the "farang" is busy supervising someones pool construction or has malaria or , or,or.

But on would think at least a email would be forth coming.

Does Emaux or the vendor provide the warranty? The online shop may have to return it to vendor or warranty is voided because of the third party thing.

Thanks for your response rather than go into the detail could I ask that you read my reply to bankruasteve as there has been an interesting development.

On 7/5/2019 at 3:50 PM, bankruatsteve said:

Thought you might like to know that the repaired UV steriliser arrived yesterday I still think that it’s somewhat of a coincidence that they seemed to spring into action after my post on TV.

They realty need to improve their customer service the guy I spoke to seemed like a combination of Arthur Daley and Basil Falty.

Thanks again for your input I will keep the reference to the consumer protection board hopefully I will not need it.

Stephen

• Like 1

On 7/5/2019 at 7:40 PM, StevieAus said:

Thanks for your response rather than go into the detail could I ask that you read my reply to bankruasteve as there has been an interesting development.

Thought you might like to know that the repaired UV steriliser arrived yesterday.

I still think that it is somewhat of a coincidence that they seemed to spring into action after my post on TV.

They really need to improve their customer service the guy I spoke to was a combination of Arthur Daley and Basil Falty unbelievable really.

Anyway will not deal with them again

Thanks for your input

Stephen