Interview at immigration - what to say, and what not to say

Hello there,

I read at several topics that IO's will ask for why we come to TH, what we do here (in case if we travel often with turist visa), so just curios what is the best reply for them, and what we have to avoid to tell them.

In my case: it happened sometimes that I been asked why so oft come to Thailand... I had this 2 kind of answers:

- like mo manow, and thats all

- told that home its to much cold, here much better

Usually they smile, and wish me to enjoy in Thailand.

Others experience?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Leaver said:

There is nothing you can say.

Your travel history will govern whether you are allowed entry, or denied entry.

A nice story can not hide your passport's history.  

This is true. They ask but the decision is pretty much made whatever you say.

I would say there is an exception that might change their minds, that is if you have children in Thailand. A friend of mine works in the oil and gas sector and has children here. He just comes and goes on visa exempt according to his work schedule. He was pulled out of the line and questioned at Suwannaphum but got in. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, dougiemac52 said:

What do you mean by this answer ?

If you had been through the process, questioned upon entry and then denied entry (or not), then you would understand the comment perfectly.

Basically, it doesn't really matter what you say.

I tell them I am staying with my Thai girlfriend and we're traveling around the world together (its the truth). Otherwise theres no reason for me to stay in Thailand the past year if I wasnt with my GF.  I dont need to work in Thailand since I get passive income and can show proof of payments from a US bank in my history and I have more than enough money in my account to support myself each month. But I just can not afford enough to buy Thai Elite visa for a big sum of $15,000. And I don't want to rush getting married yet just to have a Visa. So Tourist Visas are my only option bro.

Usually they are understanding, but my last entry at the Airport they denied my entry and told me to go back to my own country first and visit my family if I want to come back. They used my mom as an excuse for me to go back and asked "You dont miss your mom and dad?" I said yes I miss them, so she said OK then you go home and visit them before you come back!

Edited by acenase

1 hour ago, acenase said:

Usually they are understanding, but my last entry at the Airport they denied my entry and told me to go back to my own country first and visit my family if I want to come back. They used my mom as an excuse for me to go back and asked "You dont miss your mom and dad?" I said yes I miss them, so she said OK then you go home and visit them before you come back!

I take it you did not follow her advice, since you flew to Vientiane and came back via Nong Khai. ????

• Haha 2

Doesn't really matter what you say - the likelihood of the I.O. understanding your answer is pretty slim anyway ????.

Seriously though - I've seen some people on TV saying that they told the I.O. they had enough funds in their Thai bank account when they were asked to show their 20K.  Firstly, if you are asked to show the 20k they are probably going to deny you entry in any case and secondly, by admitting to having a Thai bank account you are adding to their suspicions that you are either living or working in Thailand without the correct visa.

13 hours ago, acenase said:

Tourist Visas are my only option bro.

As harsh as it may sound to you, going to mum and dad is also an option. Unless you're persecuted in your home country, in which case Thailand is not the most fortunate place to claim political asylum.

It's just that you figured out your only option was to stretch tourist visas ???? As if staying in Thailand is the only option planet Earth has.