Muslim Families In Bangkok

mercman24

spent a couple of day up in bangkok, i was amazed at the number of Muslim families trailing kids around at 2 am in the morning, felt sorry for the kids, who in their right mind would bring a family with small children to a place like BKK, not even got a beach. 

Edited by metisdead
ALL CAPS removed from topic title.
  • Haha 1

I have often wondered a similar thing....., why would anyone drag their family around lower Suk late at night..., through all that 'peripheral stuff' that goes on ?
Maybe where these people come from is not such a free country...., and in any comparatively free country, these 'different' people are, all of a sudden free to make 'different' choices of action(sub standard though they may seem) - at the end of the day, who really knows what people from other cultures are thinking ?   

Edited by Sandy Freckle

Firstly, is the OP talking about Muslims in general or middle eastern (Arab) Muslims. I will assume the OP means middle easterners since he mentions lower Suk. During my many years in the middle east I noticed it was common for families to be out at all hours of the night. They avoid the hot daytime and go out at night. 

22 hours ago, Sandy Freckle said:

I have often wondered a similar thing....., why would anyone drag their family around lower Suk late at night..., through all that 'peripheral stuff' that goes on ?

I was wondering the same thing, and when I mentioned this to a friend from Pakistan, he told me lower Suk was like Rodeo Drive compared to the place where he came from.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fusion58 said:

I was wondering the same thing, and when I mentioned this to a friend from Pakistan, he told me lower Suk was like Rodeo Drive compared to the place where he came from.

I've been tempted at times to try and snap a pic of women in full black Burka walking behind here keeper and past one of the sellers holding out fake Blue tablets.
Yes, I have twisted low dog humour.