Vientiane airport for visa run - same day go & return a problem ?

hi,

just wondering :  flying to Vientiane airport for visa run

going same day in the morning and coming back a few hours later, is that a problem for Laos immigration do I need a visa if I stay in airport ?

and for the famous IO in Bangkok on landing ?

I have a non-o multi... silly I need to fly in 2019 just to be able to stay 90 more days with my child, right...

my local Immigration is a joke and I prefer never to set foot in there ever again, if you know my "story"

thanks for your input

Not a problem with Lao immigration. You will probably have to get a Lao visa on arrival to enter Laos. I don't think they have a transit area where you can wait for your return flight.

No problem for here since you will have a valid non-o visa for entry.

Why are you flying out of the country and back again. You may able to do a border run to a nearby border crossing.

There is also an option to take a domestic flight to a city is that near a border crossing.

For example you could fly to Udon Thani and take a van from the airport to the bridge in Nong Khai and then take a shuttle bus across the bridge to enter Laos and then turn around and come right back.

Flying to Mae Sot is another option where the airport is close to the border crossing to Myanmar and then pay $10 US or 500 baht for a Myanmar border pass.

thanks for the info... 

I will check out how much that will be

I am not an adventurous person

maybe Singapore is a "safer" / easier option

just check Mae Sot  return flight (on trip.com) = only Nokair seem to fly there at 4511 baht = more than to fly to Singapore ...   crazy world, but thanks for the tip

Edited by justin case

What's the rush. Thinking ubonjoe suggestion a good one re trip to udon thani. The minibus from plaza central is easy straight run to nong khai. Udon easy place to make friends. Plenty xpats. Could become regular go to place for your future visa runs. Esp after you get to know the joint. 

Just a thought.

Edited by DrJack54

47 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Not a problem with Lao immigration. You will probably have to get a Lao visa on arrival to enter Laos. I don't think they have a transit area where you can wait for your return flight.

No problem for here since you will have a valid non-o visa for entry.

Why are you flying out of the country and back again. You may able to do a border run to a nearby border crossing.

There is also an option to take a domestic flight to a city is that near a border crossing.

For example you could fly to Udon Thani and take a van from the airport to the bridge in Nong Khai and then take a shuttle bus across the bridge to enter Laos and then turn around and come right back.

Flying to Mae Sot is another option where the airport is close to the border crossing to Myanmar and then pay $10 US or 500 baht for a Myanmar border pass.

You would definitely need to get a Laos Visa if you enter Laos, but the transit area idea is interesting... 

If you remained in "Transit" (I.e. never passed Immigration - which you could certainly do in Singapore as Flights arrive & leave from the same area), then would you have problems when you tried to re-enter Thailand as you've not entered another country in the meantime

14 minutes ago, Caldera said:

Singapore sounds like an excellent idea, with the added benefit that their airport is really nice. Can't say the same about Thai and Lao airports.

Yep... Visa Free entry (No full page Visa in your passport) & if you're going in & out on the same day & have > 5.5 hours between flights, you can take a free tour of the City http://www.changiairport.com/en/airport-guide/facilities-and-services/free-singapore-tour.html

You may just be passing through this tiny island-state, but you can still discover Singapore’s sights and sounds, and rich heritage on a Free Singapore Tour. If you have at least 5.5 hours to 24 hours to spare till your connecting flight, join one of our free 2.5-hour guided tours. The Heritage Tour runs five times daily and the City Sights Tour runs twice daily. Each tour includes two short stopovers at famous landmarks.

If you have more time to spare, or have a long layover, you may want to consider a Changi Stopovers package instead, and take your time to discover this beautiful island.

Edited by Mike Teavee

1 hour ago, justin case said:

just calculated taxi to airport + flight + ex. myanmar border run (2000 b) + flight + taxi back home = more than going to SG +- worry free, no crazy van drivers, no surprises (at border)

but thanks for the info + input

Why the flight and etc.

I wrote this.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

No need to be adventurous if in Bangkok or nearby. 

3 hours ago, justin case said:

thanks for the info... 

I will check out how much that will be

I am not an adventurous person

maybe Singapore is a "safer" / easier option

just check Mae Sot  return flight (on trip.com) = only Nokair seem to fly there at 4511 baht = more than to fly to Singapore ...   crazy world, but thanks for the tip

It depends how soon you need to do your run. Booked a cweek or two ahead, Bangkok<->Maesot is about 4,250 baht return. To check prices, use the Nok Air website directly at https://www.nokair.com/Flight/Search. It is worth noting that this is a very safe way of doing a visa run. Although airports should be OK with a multiple Non O, some immigration officials can decide to give you grief.

• Like 1

i'll bring my divorce papers with me... child is living with me, even we have shared custody... ex-wife only interested in herself... hope some a. wipe IO will understand and not give problems as if I would not be able to enter, my child is left by herself and in danger ...

but immigration did not give a shit a few months ago and did not want to give me a visa based of being parent of a thai child, even I had all the needed by LAW papers with me, nor an INVESTMENT visa, even I had proof of 10 million baht on fixed account...

the only thing they said was: get a tourist visa in another country or DON'T BOTHER TO COME BACK, even they knew my child would be left alone and is a minor