Multi-entry spouse visa which is the best border crossing

Hi All,

I know there have been a lot of posts on this subject, but they all seem a little old. I am in Bangkok on a multi-entry spouse visa and have to leave the country and re-enter next month. Which is the best way to do this. Is it fly to somewhere or are their border crossings that I could do crossing and come back easily?

No need to do it by air.

The nearest crossing to Bangkok is the Ban Phu Nam Ron in Kanchanaburi to Myanmar. You pay 960 baht for transport across no mans land and back that includes 500 baht for a Myanmar border pass.

Or any of the crossings to Cambodia but the Poipet crossing. 

OP, living in bkk so you have good options as ubonjoe already outlined. If wanting to include short break then flights to somewhere like Saigon are easy and not expensive. Many countries are visa exempt to Vietnam if your passport is one.

I'm curious as to why you have to leave the country on your visa?

I have a non-O visa based on marriage and just have to report my address every 90 days.

I have a colleague at work who also says he has to leave the country every 90 days on his non-O visa, which he obtained outside on Thailand.

Did you obtain your visa in Thailand or in another country?

1 hour ago, blindcloud said:

I have a non-O visa based on marriage and just have to report my address every 90 days.

I have a colleague at work who also says he has to leave the country every 90 days on his non-O visa, which he obtained outside on Thailand.

There are big differences between a multiple entry Non O visa and what you have, which is a one-year extension of stay on the basis of marriage to a Thai.

8 hours ago, blindcloud said:

Sounds to me like you have an Extension based on marriage. 

8 hours ago, blindcloud said:

You do not have a Non Imm O Visa. while your colleague does.

The amount of people on here who have no idea what is in their passport is mind numbing.

Edited by fishtank
  • Like 2