Solar roof carport - Has anyone done it?

SoSoCNX

from my experience with SP  i would think it would not be suitable for a water tight roof it would be better to construct a light roofing   set up before hand the place panels  on  suitable  SP mounting  brackets

The only water-tight option is a frameless panel with caulk between the panel gaps. Expect to pay double for the panels. 

Or, just go with a double roof, metal with panels above. Still cheaper. Only reason I have heard of going the first route is to be able to call the source water NSF rated for collection, although it is prettier.

As suggested by Lamkyong ,  put a light roof covering  on the carport , like the corrugated plastic, and then put the solar panels, IMO you will not be saving any money by using the solar panels a  roof.

Agree 100% with the above sentiments, place a light roof under the panels.

Apart from water leakage consider maintanance, you may have to replace a panel at some point. If they are siliconed together you will have a fun day, if they are just mounted on the rails using the screw fixings with a small gap you will have a fun 20 minutes.

Archived