Good PT / Sports Doctor in Chiang Rai?

revgreen

40 minutes ago, IraqRon said:

x ray the area for a fracture.

I'd most likely need an actual bone scan. Which I assume any orthopedic clinic would be able to do. But looking particularly for one with sports experience in case they need to advise on any type of follow up rehab.

7 minutes ago, revgreen said:

I'd most likely need an actual bone scan. Which I assume any orthopedic clinic would be able to do. But looking particularly for one with sports experience in case they need to advise on any type of follow up rehab.

what is an actual bone scan?  are you a pro athelite?  don't think any special need for sports exp. for a stress fracture, really.

if you are serious, inquire at the testing clinic on phahoyotin just south of the new trimuph dealer and back entrrance to central, they may require a dr. referral though.  

In case you are actually interested in reading about it -

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/stress-fractures/diagnosis-treatment/drc-20354063

• X-rays. Stress fractures often aren't apparent on regular X-rays taken shortly after your pain begins. It can take several weeks — and sometimes longer than a month — for evidence of stress fractures to show on X-rays.
  • Bone scan. A few hours before a bone scan, you'll receive a small dose of radioactive material through an intravenous line. The radioactive substance accumulates most in areas where bones are being repaired — showing up on the scan image as a bright white spot. However, many types of bone problems look alike on bone scans, so the test isn't specific for stress fractures.
  • Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). An MRI uses radio waves and a strong magnetic field to produce detailed images of your internal structures. An MRI usually can visualize stress fractures within the first week of injury, and can visualize lower-grade stress injuries (stress reactions) before an x-ray shows changes. This type of test is also better able to distinguish between stress fractures and soft tissue injuries.

The pain just began this week, hence why I don't think an x-ray will be able to diagnose.

No I'm not pro, but I do compete and I do earn money from my running. Like I said - diagnosis can be done by almost anyone, but I'm looking for the athletic experience in case I need any referrals for rehab.

14 hours ago, revgreen said:

In case you are actually interested in reading about it -

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/stress-fractures/diagnosis-treatment/drc-20354063

The pain just began this week, hence why I don't think an x-ray will be able to diagnose.

No I'm not pro, but I do compete and I do earn money from my running. Like I said - diagnosis can be done by almost anyone, but I'm looking for the athletic experience in case I need any referrals for rehab.

that clinic i reference can do all these scans and more..private biz working for hosp. and drs. look at there priceing list.

5 minutes ago, IraqRon said:

that clinic i reference can do all these scans and more..private biz working for hosp. and drs. look at there priceing list.

do you have a name or website or something.. I can’t really google “testing clinic near triumph”

4 minutes ago, revgreen said:

do you have a name or website or something.. I can’t really google “testing clinic near triumph”

no, no have , didn't save either.  do you know cr well or someone who does?  maybe google cr thrimph motorcycle. the clinic is just accross phahoyotin and and slightly to the south, big sighnage.  good luck.

11 minutes ago, revgreen said:

In case anyone is curious - bone scan price at that clinic is 5k-7k. Seemed friendly and organized. Will be going in next week.

great, glad u found it, others may find it useful.  did they let u have a full listing of all services?

Archived