Frikkiedeboer - Come Back And Tell Us More About....

Somtham

...this.

your best bet is catfish since they are tough and easy to sell, and the selling price is good, but do not even think about farming any kind of fish if you haven't studied up on it. the information you will get in thailand will lead you to bankruptcy. i farmed catfish in thailand for three years, followed advice of local

'experts" and failed horribly until i realised that they were totally ignorant if well-meaning. realise that everything in thailand is based on subsistence only and if you farm their way you may make enough to eat, and once a year you could sell off a couple of hundred thou of fish but you will not make money unless you ignore all local advice and approach it scientifically. i eventually got it right and raised and sold over a ton per month but had to cut out the wholesalers and spawn my own fish to make it profitable. plant some waterlilies in your ponds and admire the view, but raise your fish in tanks if you want to make money! i am reading comments and reports on this site and see only guys throwing money away. there are a few (thai) factors that will prevent you from getting it right, ranging from poor quality,inappropriate feeds to unethical business practices by the hatcheries. all these problems can be overcome if you have the right information. if you think i am talking nonsense, contact me and i will tell you why you have a poor fcr,why your fish "disappear,why your fish die off for no apparent reason, and how you can raise close to a ton of fish in only one cubic metre of water. do not even begin to imagine that you can save money making your own fishfood, as unless you are a feed expert you will not even get close to producing a feed as good as the (poor) formulated feeds available in thailand. there is still hope and undeniably if you do it right you can make a lot of money-even in thailand.

rgds