Report: Si Racha Immigration - Retirement Extension

2 hours ago, JJ Madcow said:

We now can get a document from Social Pension that my Embassy stamp and write the words " Document confirmed genuine".

How exactly does that work?

You have to get a document from a government agency in Denmark unrelated to your local Embassy?  It comes to you, or, they send it direct to your Embassy?

And then, how does your Embassy know or actually verify that the document and its information is genuine/correct?

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

48 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

How exactly does that work?

You have to get a document from a government agency in Denmark unrelated to your local Embassy?  It comes to you, or, they send it direct to your Embassy?

And then, how does your Embassy know or actually verify that the document and its information is genuine/correct?

The document get send by secure E-Mail direkte to Danish Embassy from our government Social Pension Office. (Udbetaling Denmark)

It the only way to get it done.
Embassy dont allow us to E-Mail it our self, That way they 100% sure it is genuine document.

Kindly.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mikebell said:

Excellent post and an optimistic one if other Immigration Offices are as enlightened as Sri Racha.  Could this open the way to other embassies producing a similar affidavit that would satisfy Immigration?  It would be an easy thing for the UK Embassy to produce.

Apparently UK is going to have a website that has everyone who is on any sort of pension on a data base, however they have said it is not a priority at the moment due to all the work being done on Brexit.  Fingers crossed for next year!

Did you apply for a "retirement extension" or a "marriage extension?" You need 800000bht for retirement and 400000 for marriage. The reason I asked is because they asked you for a map so they could see where you live. With a retirement extension, they don't ask for a map, but for a marriage extension they do. Maybe this is only done at the Siracha Immigration. By the way, where is the Siracha immigration located?

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, bronzedude said:

Did you apply for a "retirement extension" or a "marriage extension?" You need 800000bht for retirement and 400000 for marriage. The reason I asked is because they asked you for a map so they could see where you live. With a retirement extension, they don't ask for a map, but for a marriage extension they do. Maybe this is only done at the Siracha Immigration. By the way, where is the Siracha immigration located?

As i write a retirement extension.

The Social Pension is per month, But Immigration officer want it to be over 800.000 baht per year.

That why she ask my wife to take monthly X 12.

So that more then 65.000 baht per month.

That 66.667 Baht per month  to hit the 800.000 baht per year.

I know what the law say, But i dont care as i was over it.

And yes ask for map for retirement extension.

You can search google map "Si Racha Immigration" and it is there.

Si Racha Immigration

Kindly.

Edited by JJ Madcow
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, robertson468 said:

Apparently UK is going to have a website that has everyone who is on any sort of pension on a data base, however they have said it is not a priority at the moment due to all the work being done on Brexit.  Fingers crossed for next year!

The British Embassy in BKK could create this database from materials supplied by pensioners but as always nothing proactive EVER gets done by these people whose job it is to assist and support British nationals abroad.

22 hours ago, bronzedude said:

They've been asking for a map for extensions of permission to stay by reason of retirement in Hua Hin for at least two years now. I've had to supply them for my last two extensions.

As far as I recall, there have been several reports from people in other areas, of maps being required for retirement extensions.

Just now, GroveHillWanderer said:

They've been asking for a map for extensions of permission to stay by reason of retirement in Hua Hin for at least two years now. I've had to supply them for my last two extensions.

As far as I recall, there have been several reports from people in other areas, of maps being required for retirement extensions.

As well as recent reports of Immigration Officers making both announced and unannounced visits to the homes of those on a retirement extension.

3 minutes ago, MeePeeMai said:

As well as recent reports of Immigration Officers making both announced and unannounced visits to the homes of those on a retirement extension.

Indeed - and that would tie in with asking for maps. If they're going to make a home visit (and they certainly have in Hua Hin) then they need to know how to get to your house.

18 hours ago, OJAS said:

I emailed Sara Peth at the Embassy a few weeks ago enquiring as to whether or not the Embassy had given any consideration to these possibilities in reaching their decision to withdraw their income confirmation service. To date, I have (surprise, surprise) yet to receive any reply. In any event, though, I would not, personally, be holding my breath for the Embassy being prepared to re-introduce a suitably-modified form of an income confirmation service, if only because this might otherwise result in a serious loss of face for the British diplomats working there!

IMO all the  3 offending Embassies have to do is  draw up a form that  states-  The undersigned citizen has indicated that he/she receives  xxx amount from  (put in source)  each month.  The citizen has presented documentation  indicating the same amount(s).

The citizen brings the docs to the Embassy for quick review- swears under Oath they are correct and true/

Embassy has a statement on the form indicating they are not responsible for any errors.

Applicant signs. Embassy signs. Off to Immigration.

I have every reason to believe Thai Imm will accept such a document as they are basically accepting the same from  80 other Embassies in Thailand.

The 3 Embassies refusal to do any type of negotiating with Thai Imm while all the other Embassies in Thailand continue to issue  the letters smacks of utter disregard for their citizens.

On 7/13/2019 at 3:52 PM, bronzedude said:

I did my retirement extension in Nov at Sri Ratcha and was asked for a map and had a home visit shortly after.

The immigration office is close to the roundabout where you go over to catch the ferry to Koh Si Chang.

On 7/13/2019 at 5:54 PM, JJ Madcow said:

As i write a retirement extension.

The Social Pension is per month, But Immigration officer want it to be over 800.000 baht per year.

That why she ask my wife to take monthly X 12.

So that more then 65.000 baht per month.

That 66.667 Baht per month  to hit the 800.000 baht per year.

I know what the law say, But i dont care as i was over it.

And yes ask for map for retirement extension.

You can search google map "Si Racha Immigration" and it is there.

Si Racha Immigration

Kindly.

They can be a bit slow on the maths, I did mine on combo and she first said "not enough" then realised her mistake.

"She then put stamp in my passport (Immigration keep my passport) and told me to come back on Monday as the Big Boss was at a meeting somewhere."

This is quite common now at this office, I think there has been a change in the management structure and they spend more time at Jomtien.

From your op do I take it they require financial info for Non O at Hanoi?

BTW, nothing wrong with your English, better than some native speakers I have seen on here.

Edited by sandyf
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, sandyf said:

They can be a bit slow on the maths, I did mine on combo and she first said "not enough" then realised her mistake.

"She then put stamp in my passport (Immigration keep my passport) and told me to come back on Monday as the Big Boss was at a meeting somewhere."

This is quite common now at this office, I think there has been a change in the management structure and they spend more time at Jomtien.

From your op do I take it they require financial info for Non O at Hanoi?

BTW, nothing wrong with your English, better than some native speakers I have seen on here.

Yes, As i write in other post when i was in Hanoi and applied for a NoN Imm O single entry "Married".

I was ask to prove i have money to live for.
They say no to the document from my Embassy, But say yes to bank statements.

Every one in the time frame as i was there was ask to show proof of money.

• Thanks 1

A small update !!

Was at Immigration today to pickup my passport.
They stamp the wrong date in it.

Give my 1 year from the date i applied and not from the date my 90 days entry give me (onto August 2019).

I point it out, And it was change with a smile and a Sorry.

So now no more butterfly in my stomach. ha ha ????

Kindly.

Italy uses the certified emails (PEC posta electronica certificata). And in Italy every company and institution has to have one. (Eventually they want to bring it in for every citizen).

Once a pec has been sent it's likea registered mail, you get a receipt that you have sent it, then you get a receipt that it's been delivered to the destinations pec email (not normal email) and this is your receipt/proof  of delivery. Everything in it cannot be tampered with.

I use Aruba 5€yearly but there are many others

The OP used this as proof between this pension provider and the embassy.

In theory this could be used also from banks or investment companies, for combo method, then the embassies would have their proof of income. 

• 1 month later...

Update #2

Today  Immigration call me and ask if i was home for the home visit, And even so we was on the way out the door, I say yes.
And about 30 minute later they come.

Take a picture of me and 1 of the Immigration Officer outside house, Showing house number.
And few picture more when we sit outside at the table and did the one A4 formular.

They want my Thai wife ID Card and write down her detail on the formular all so.

We both have to sign the formular.

When all this was going on, The other officer take a few more pictures.
All over in 20 minute or so.

They told us, That from now on, Immigration (Si Racha) have to do this every year for all on 1 year Visa (Yes i know it is a Extension, But no need to start correcting a Immigration Officer), As they have to upload the formular and picture to a database.

So have to wait to next year to see if that correct !!!!

Kindly.