TM 30 questions

I was in the USA for two months in April & May and upon my return did not file the TM 30.    I have been on the 1 year retirement extension for the past 20 years.

My 90 day report is on 26 August and at that time I was planning to file a TM 30.    My wife is Thai and we live in her house in Minburi.   I was going to have my wife complete the TM 30 and I will take it with me when I do my 90 day report.     Does she need to go to Immigration too or can I file the form without her?

Are these the documents I will need when I file the TM 30:   House registration, house deed, copy of wife's ID?   Does Imm require a copy of each form?

Copy of my passport and visa.

Thanks for any helpful replies.

Your TM 30 should have been filed as soon as you landed in Minburi. Do it now. Depending on which IO you are attending, you may get a grilling or fine when/if you submit the TM30 with the 90 day report.

Your wife might be fined because she did not report you within 24 hours.

To submit the TM30 they will require the completed form, and a signed copy of the house book and your wife's ID card. If you submit it for your wife you need a power of attorney from her.

If i were in your situation: Let your wife complete the TM30 and send it to them by mail. Like this maybe you will not be fined. You should have the receipt returned to you before 26th August, so when you do your 90 day report the TM30 is in order and you won't be fined.

Edited by jackdd

Just now, Lacessit said:

Your TM 30 should have been filed as soon as you landed in Minburi. Do it now. Depending on which IO you are attending, you may get a grilling or fine when/if you submit the TM30 with the 90 day report.

Thanks for the reply.     Do  you know if I can file the TM 30 without taking my wife?

2 minutes ago, Spaniel said:

Thanks for the reply.     Do  you know if I can file the TM 30 without taking my wife?

Sorry, no. I suggest you PM ubonjoe, he is the bible on these matters.

• Thanks 1

In this case I might consider having the wife file the TM30 reporting you, by post. Plenty of time to get the receipt back, and no way to assess a fine.

If that doesn't work then I'd take the wife along to file the TM30, before filing the 90-day report?

(FWIW, I was able to file a 90-day report/TM47 online, without having a valid TM30 on file.)

Found in other posts...

. Bangkok Immigration allow you to file the TM30 report by mail (old fashioned postal service), these are the needed documents:
1. Chanote copy (I owner)
2. Yellow Book copy
3. Passport copy
4. Departure card copy
5. TM30 filled
6. Return envelope with address and 10 THB stamps attached
Address is:
90 DAYS REGISTRATION, TM-30
IMMIGRATION DIVISION 1
Chalermprakiat Government Complex
120 MOO 3, CHAENGWATTANA ROAD,SOI 7,
LAKSI, BANGKOK. 10210

Another list...

Here are the documents your landlord or landlady will have to prepare:  
A copy of his or her photo ID – signed in BLUE ink
A copy of the title deed (house registration book) for his or her property where you are staying – signed in BLUE ink
A copy of the rental contract Complete a TM30 form, signed in BLUE Ink

Here are the items you need to provide:
A copy of your passport photo page signed in BLUE Ink
A copy of the visa page in your passport signed in BLUE Ink
A copy of the most recent entry stamp in your passport signed in BLUE Ink
A copy of your Departure Card (TM6), which you should keep in your passport signed in BLUE Ink

Another alternative is for you (or your wife) to register to submit the TM-30 online and try to do it that way. Again, much less chance of being fined, I would imagine. There are two ways, either via the website or by using the app. 

There are already a number of threads discussing the online method(s) in detail.