Windows Xp With Reduced Price...

falux

Does anyone know where I can actually purchase the new and greatly reduced in price (1,400 Baht) version of Windows xp? I will be installing 11 computers into the local school and do not want the pricey stuff.

Thanks

Does anyone know where I can actually purchase the new and greatly reduced in price (1,400 Baht) version of Windows xp? I will be installing 11 computers into the local school and do not want the pricey stuff.

Thanks

You can but i evene less pricey in Panthip Plaza...

Around 120 Baht ;-)

:o

Licensing is an issue. I just went this route with new security software @ 150B per CD. The software comes with a license key generator which will get it installed. But then to get it activated online so it will keep working past the 2 week trial period, no luck. The key doesn't show up in the mfr's database.

If anyone knows a workaround for this, I'd love to hear it.

Don't know how it works with Microsoft. You may not find the most current version, and downloading the necessary updates, patches, etc might not work.

Anyone have experience with this?

Falux,

You might find the Microsoft pack appealing:

http://members.microsoft.com/partner/thail...actionpack.aspx

Register in the MS partner program (no real pre-requisites required), and you are eligible for the action pack subscription which gives you the following software titles for 15,705 baht for the first year, then 11,205 baht for each year after that:

1x Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition

1x Windows Server 2003 Web Edition

1x Windows Server 2003 Terminal Services

1x Exchange 2003 Enterprise Server

1x SQL Server 2000 Developer Edition

1x Windows Small Business Server 2003

1x Internet Security and Acceleration Server 2000 Enterprise Edition

1x Mobile Information Server 2002 Enterprise Edition

1x SharePoint Portal Server 2001

(All above server products come with 10x Client Access Licenses)

Plus:

10x Windows XP Professional

10x Office Professional 2003

10x FrontPage 2003

10x Outlook 2003

10x Visio Professional 2003

10x Project Professional 2003

10x Publisher 2003

Has to be the best software licensing deal around.. As they say on the page, more than USD $10,000 worth of software, and with the added bonus of free upgrades.

For a laugh, compare it to ubergnomes' 150 baht per-CD pirate software! :o (noting that the server OS's and Office are all 3-8 CD's each) It's cheaper to be legit..

Nonwithstanding the legal situation of it, the pirate software is usually packed a lot better than what comes out of Redmond, i.e. the "official" 8-CD pack for one of the server packages easily fit into one pirate CD.

There are so far no online license checks done for M$ software.

I didn't see the original poster requiring server software anyway and in any case, the words "server software" and "microslush windows" should ot be uttered in the same sentence.

Licensing is an issue. I just went this route with new security software @ 150B per CD.  The software comes with a license key generator which will get it installed. But then to get it activated online so it will keep working past the 2 week trial period, no luck. The key doesn't show up in the mfr's database. If anyone knows a workaround for this, I'd love to hear it. Don't know how it works with Microsoft. You may not find the most current version, and downloading the necessary updates, patches, etc might not work. Anyone have experience with this?

Never done anything like that before in my life! :o (Are you listening, Bill?).

Thanks

You can but i evene less pricey in Panthip Plaza...

Around 120 Baht ;-)

:o

100 baht :D