Quick report: 3rd tourist visa in Vientiane, without appointment

15 hours ago, Steeple said:

Unfortunately I completely forgot about the new appointment requirement, so had to pay a fixer to make an appointment for me on the spot.

Encouraging report, after recent feedback on them limiting repeat visas. What's the latest going rate for a quick appointment? Earlier reports mentioned around 1500 baht. 

• Like 1

What's the latest going rate for a quick appointment? Earlier reports mentioned around 1500 baht.

They gave me an email address to write to in order to set it all up and I paid them around 1000 baht. Looks like I got off cheap.

• Like 1

Be careful as they are now asking for bank statements/flight tickets if you have multiple back to back single entry tourist visas.  The employee at the window said the consular officers may still reject the tourist visa application even with the additional documents.

On 7/18/2019 at 5:41 PM, matt9998 said:

Be careful as they are now asking for bank statements/flight tickets if you have multiple back to back single entry tourist visas.  The employee at the window said the consular officers may still reject the tourist visa application even with the additional documents.

Update: my tourist visa application was denied. I was not asked for bank statements or a flight ticket. I would suggest anyone trying to apply to provide both of these as my friend ended up getting approved. I had 3 back to back tourist visas and my friend had 5. They want at least 100k baht in a bank account