When I come into Heathrow with my wife can she enter via the UK line, or does she have to enter via the foreign nationals line? I wondered if being married to me met we could get stamped together.

If she can't, can I stand with her and johnny foreigner in the other line?

I only ask cos sometimes the non-uk line can be really long...

EDIT: sorry she is a thai national with ILR

Edited by The Dan Sai Kid

When I come into Heathrow with my wife can she enter via the UK line, or does she have to enter via the foreign nationals line? I wondered if being married to me met we could get stamped together.

i was told by the officer at the desk , my wife can come with me via the uk line.

i told him she had a thai passport, he said no problem, you are british and she is your wife.

we have done this 4 times now with no problem

i was told by the officer at the desk , my wife can come with me via the uk line.

i told him she had a thai passport, he said no problem, you are british and she is your wife.

4 times is a lot so i guess it must be . Can anyone tell me then , in this new UK of no discrimination (officially i mean) does that mean that when my Civil Partner has his ILR (but still Thai passport) he can walk through the UK line with me ? Guess the answer must be yes but i would like it confirmed.

How official this is, I don't know. I was told by an IO at LHR that regardless of the type of settlement visa held, if it is the first entry then they must use a non-EEA queue .

For second or subsequent entries, a fiance visa or proposed civil partners visa, spouse visa, FLR or ILR can use the EEA queue, if accompanied by their partner who is a British or EEA citizen.

However, regardless of their immigration status, this is at the officers discretion. Their passport will still be scanned and if there is a problem they could be sent back to the end of the non-EEA queue.

As I say this is unofficial, but it worked for us until my wife got her British passport.

BTW, as we are talking about entry to the UK not the USA and are, presumably, British not Septics, please say queue and not line :o !

Well, this is news to me!

Just as the other half gets her Brit PP and doesn't need to go thru the Foreign Nationals line :o

Good Luck

Moss

How official this is, I don't know. I was told by an IO at LHR that regardless of the type of settlement visa held, if it is the first entry then they must use a non-EEA queue .

For second or subsequent entries, a fiance visa or proposed civil partners visa, spouse visa, FLR or ILR can use the EEA queue, if accompanied by their partner who is a British or EEA citizen.

However, regardless of their immigration status, this is at the officers discretion. Their passport will still be scanned and if there is a problem they could be sent back to the end of the non-EEA queue.

As I say this is unofficial, but it worked for us until my wife got her British passport.

BTW, as we are talking about entry to the UK not the USA and are, presumably, British not Septics, please say queue and not line :o !

My reason for asking is my wife will be almost 5 months pregnant and I don't want her waiting in line for a long time. Can we make immigration aware of this. I know that in the UK pregnant women have a lot of rights, but do these rights extend to before you pass through immigration.

Edit: sorry about the US English, but it's quicker to type line than queue.

Edited by The Dan Sai Kid

When I arrived in terminal 4 on my own before Christmas I told the IO I would be travelling with my Thai wife next time and asked him if we would both be able to use the UK/EU line.

He said no problem as long as you are travelling together and she is your partner.

Now my question is, is it the same for all terminals?

I know it should be the same but has anyone arrived in terminal 3 and been told their partner should queue up in the non Eu line?

Edited by guru

Principally BA flights arrive at T4. THAI arrives at T3, and if you have an indirect flight, you could find yourself at either T1 or T2.

If you wife has ILR, there's no reason why, irrespective of which terminal you arrive at, you shouldn't approach the IO on the EEA queue and ask if it's possible for them to see your wife.

Scouse.

My partner came back to the UK from a month holiday in Thailand just 2 weeks ago, and last night out of curiosity , i asked him about his arrival at LHR. He told me as he had flown business class (show off!!) he had been ushered through the "fast track" which i assume to mean the UK QUEUE (just for my old sparring partner GU22 ). So even though he was not accompanied by me (i was waiting the "other side") he still got through the fast way.(and he does not yet have ILR only FLR

Not sure if that helps anyone as i'm sure its still at the IO's discretion as others have stated above.

Some airlines offer their business and first class passengers a fast track facility. They pay BAA, and BAA then pay the Immigration Service for the services of an IO to man it. It sounds as if it may have been such a facility your partner used, rather than going through the EEA queue.

Scouse.

The first time we came back they handed out transit cards to non-eu people (which was only a couple of people!) I didn't have a pen, so I ask the air waitress if I could borrow a pen, she told me to ask one of the passengers and walked off. This would have been easier had it not been on a night flight and everyone was asleep!

And BA wonder why they're losing money!

Might work, might not.

The conversation with an IO I referred to previously took place on my wife's first entry. He was adamant that as it was her first entry she must use the non EEA control point. He said if I wanted to go with her then I could, and should, use that point as well; which I did.

Just as well I did, considering the ensuing Medical Officer farce! But that's another story. (This was prior to TB testing before the application.)

As OP I want to here about that!

When we came back the first time we were told about having to get x-rays for TB, I asked, since I had spent 3 years in LOS should I do this too? She looked at me like I was a half-wit. They said they would send the information, but nothing ever came!!

Similar to yours, I suspect.

Sent to the Medical Centre by the IO.

Waited over 2 hours to see the MO.

She took one look at the vaccination scar on my wife's arm, asked if we had a permanent address, told us our local health authority would be in touch.

Sent us on our way with a comment about the IOs wasting her time sending people like us to her!

We got to the baggage hall, only to find our bags had been removed from the carousel and placed in a corner; where they were being ignored. So much for bomb alerts and security!

As a postscript, the doctor was Asian and wearing a sari. Once we had left the MC, my wife asked why it was up to an Indian woman to decide if she could live in England!

LOL, GU22 more or less the exactly the same with my wife.

I remember arguing again with passport control( my advice dont do it)

They asked all these stupid questions about this and that -I told them i dont have to answer to you Ive answered all the questions crossed all the T's and dotted all the I's and piece of paper stamped in my wifes passport wihich states settlement is all you need to know.

passport control wasnt impressed by my outburst but after being refused 3times in BKK then on arrival more questions i thought it was taking the biscuit and told them so.

Eventually was allowed through and then that bloody medical what a farce that was and well GU22 said it all.

So back to post,my experience and what was told by PC

First entry- foreign passports,thereafter if accompanied by spouse uk passports.

BUT...

Not always the case,even now we get grief at PC(last visit) questions questions at T3 LHR I think she was polish her english was shocking and she had the cheek to suggest that my wife might not actually be my wife.

Me being me blew a fuse ,said her are you accusing me a being a people trafficker or some sort of pimp -she looked at me like I was some sort of fool.Both my wife and I was then checked I thought was gonna get arrested because I was so furious.

Anyway was let go and told my wife must use foreign passport in future-I said make your F------ minds up foreign passports or UK? any chance of an english person telling what to do you jumped up little P___K.It depends he said.

Depends??? what sort of an answer is that.

Least in LOS when with the wife straight through thai passport control no problems.

Some airlines offer their business and first class passengers a fast track facility. They pay BAA, and BAA then pay the Immigration Service for the services of an IO to man it. It sounds as if it may have been such a facility your partner used, rather than going through the EEA queue.

Scouse.

Thanks ...yes thats probably what happened

One trick if you are going to come and go often regsiter for the Iris system. Non UK nationals can register too, then there is no problem at all. You rock up to the Iris gate, it scans your eyes an d through you go, you will never have to see or talk to an immigration officer again. The registration is done on departure with offices in all 4 LHR terminals and LGW too.

One trick if you are going to come and go often regsiter for the Iris system. Non UK nationals can register too, then there is no problem at all. You rock up to the Iris gate, it scans your eyes an d through you go, you will never have to see or talk to an immigration officer again. The registration is done on departure with offices in all 4 LHR terminals and LGW too.

Top news,avoiding passport jumped up numties would be great.

how do you registar for this?google is not helping much.

Advice would be most appreciated

delboy

Came across this delboy...it might help. I'm gonna look into it myself.

New Biometric trials to make travel simpler and safer

06 December 2006

A new trial, called ‘miSense’, was launched at Heathrow Airport’s Terminal 3 today. MiSense uses the latest biometric technologies to simplify a passenger’s journey through the airport while further strengthening levels of security.

The project was officially opened by the Minister for Immigration, Liam Byrne MP, and Heathrow CEO, Tony Douglas.

Having enrolled in miSense himself, Liam Byrne MP said: "Biometric ID systems are fundamental to securing our borders in a more mobile age. They are crucial to our plans for counting everyone in and out of the country. This proof of concept shows just how well the technology can work.”

The Trial, which will run until the end of January 2007, in conjunction with the airport authorities and immigration services of the U.K, Dubai and Hong Kong, the airlines Emirates and Cathay Pacific, and leading companies engaged in the Immigration and Border Security Industry.

Passengers travelling on selected Cathay Pacific and Emirates flights are being invited to participate in the first part of the miSense trial at check-in by scanning their passport and right index fingerprint into a specially designed miSense self-service kiosk. This information then becomes a passenger’s secure ‘virtual key’ which will allow them swift access to security control and aircraft boarding using their fingerprint.

The second part of the trial, miSenseplus, also uses biometric information, to trial an international registered traveller programme and fast path on departures and arrival immigration in the UK.

Anyone flying out of T3 can enrol in miSenseplus as long as they are a European Economic Area National, hold a passport valid for at least six months, be aged 18 or over and satisfy UK Government background checks. Passengers will have 13 biometrics captures (10 fingerprints, 2 irises and 1 facial image).

Participating in the trial is easy, free of charge and only takes a few minutes to enrol. Once enrolled, participants will receive a miSenseplus membership card which will allow them to enjoy fast track immigration clearance when arriving and departing.

The third part of the trial, miSenseallclear, involves the testing of interactive Advance Passenger Information (iAPI) for the UK authorities. iAPI is the capability of automatically providing border control agencies with intelligence prior to passengers boarding a plane. As each passenger checks-in, this system enables real-time interaction between airline and government systems. iAPI is already well established in countries such as Australia, Bahrain, Kuwait and New Zealand, where it is used to issue the “authority to carry” at the point of check-in. This trial will provide insight into how iAPI could be implemented in the UK.

miSense is part of IATA’s Simplifying Passenger Travel Programme, and involves a number of key airport, airline, government and technology partners, including Accenture, BAA, Cathay Pacific, Emirates, the Home Office, IER, Raytheon Systems Limited, Sagem Défense Sécurité and SITA.

Extensive research into passenger acceptability and technical performance will be conducted during the trial and used to inform the future design and operation of both airport and border control facilities and services.

For detailed information visit www.miSense.org

Came across this delboy...it might help. I'm gonna look into it myself.

New Biometric trials to make travel simpler and safer

06 December 2006

A new trial, called ‘miSense’, was launched at Heathrow Airport’s Terminal 3 today. MiSense uses the latest biometric technologies to simplify a passenger’s journey through the airport while further strengthening levels of security.

The project was officially opened by the Minister for Immigration, Liam Byrne MP, and Heathrow CEO, Tony Douglas.

Having enrolled in miSense himself, Liam Byrne MP said: "Biometric ID systems are fundamental to securing our borders in a more mobile age. They are crucial to our plans for counting everyone in and out of the country. This proof of concept shows just how well the technology can work.”

The Trial, which will run until the end of January 2007, in conjunction with the airport authorities and immigration services of the U.K, Dubai and Hong Kong, the airlines Emirates and Cathay Pacific, and leading companies engaged in the Immigration and Border Security Industry.

Passengers travelling on selected Cathay Pacific and Emirates flights are being invited to participate in the first part of the miSense trial at check-in by scanning their passport and right index fingerprint into a specially designed miSense self-service kiosk. This information then becomes a passenger’s secure ‘virtual key’ which will allow them swift access to security control and aircraft boarding using their fingerprint.

The second part of the trial, miSenseplus, also uses biometric information, to trial an international registered traveller programme and fast path on departures and arrival immigration in the UK.

Anyone flying out of T3 can enrol in miSenseplus as long as they are a European Economic Area National, hold a passport valid for at least six months, be aged 18 or over and satisfy UK Government background checks. Passengers will have 13 biometrics captures (10 fingerprints, 2 irises and 1 facial image).

Participating in the trial is easy, free of charge and only takes a few minutes to enrol. Once enrolled, participants will receive a miSenseplus membership card which will allow them to enjoy fast track immigration clearance when arriving and departing.

The third part of the trial, miSenseallclear, involves the testing of interactive Advance Passenger Information (iAPI) for the UK authorities. iAPI is the capability of automatically providing border control agencies with intelligence prior to passengers boarding a plane. As each passenger checks-in, this system enables real-time interaction between airline and government systems. iAPI is already well established in countries such as Australia, Bahrain, Kuwait and New Zealand, where it is used to issue the “authority to carry” at the point of check-in. This trial will provide insight into how iAPI could be implemented in the UK.

miSense is part of IATA’s Simplifying Passenger Travel Programme, and involves a number of key airport, airline, government and technology partners, including Accenture, BAA, Cathay Pacific, Emirates, the Home Office, IER, Raytheon Systems Limited, Sagem Défense Sécurité and SITA.

Extensive research into passenger acceptability and technical performance will be conducted during the trial and used to inform the future design and operation of both airport and border control facilities and services.

For detailed information visit www.miSense.org

Almost makes it sound like the traveller is important.Technologhy working for the traveller.There is a god.

I hope these trials are successful,I will certainly be looking into this.I will contact my friend who is a frequent flyer and see if he's heard of this or even uses the system.

I would certainly like to hear/read the views of people that use this service.

well done to the fellas that posted this info.