Mother of reckless driver urges crash victims to stop condemning her family

snoop1130

Mother of reckless driver urges crash victims to stop condemning her family

By THE NATION

800_65822bcba68be81.jpg

NationPhoto: Laddawan Devahastin Na Ayudhya (left) and her daughter Praewa (right), before meeting with the police, two months after the 2015 incident

The mother of a woman who has been condemned publicly for reckless driving that led to the death of nine people in 2010, said each and every member of her family has suffered a traumatic ordeal.

Laddawan Devahastin Na Ayudhya said everybody in her family relies on sleeping pills at night and that she has had to keep a very close eye on her daughter Praewa, who is always depressed and could possibly commit suicide.

The mother also kept apologising for her daughter’s crime in a televised phone-in interview on Thursday – like she has been since the accident took place on the night of December 27 nine years ago. 

She also called on the Justice Ministry to immediately pay the state-commissioned compensation she owes for the nine dead victims and the three injured, adding that she will repay the ministry when she has the money. 

Praewa’s father, Colonel Ratthachai, who was present in the television show, displayed the title deeds of properties owned by the family, saying they have been put up for sale so the families of all 12 victims can be compensated. 

When asked why the payments have been delayed for nine long years, Laddawan only said that it felt as if the incident had taken place yesterday and that she and her family have been traumatised by the tragedy and social condemnation throughout. 

She added that their daughter, who has tried to change her name several times, has returned to live at the family home after her recent divorce. “She is depressed and paranoid every time she goes out or has to sign using her original surname.” 

The mother added that she, her husband and her daughter are all to blame for the incident, and called on people to stop condemning the Devahastin Na Ayudhya family in their social-media posts.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30373219

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand  2019-07-18

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awwww, So sad they are hurting but all I see is them showing no real compassion to those killed and their families, All I see is a family trying to not pay up.

10 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

said each and every member of her family has suffered a traumatic ordeal.

Well boo bloody hoo lady. I guess the families of the 9 victims your daughter killed have started to enjoy life again.  Simply pathetic.    :bah:

15 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

Praewa, who is always depressed and could possibly commit suicide.

Yes, as soon as I saw the picture of her daughter by the side of the road on her phone after killing all those people, I could tell she was deeply remorseful. 

I wonder if anyone will dig up some photos of this vehicular killer enjoying life as normal. This family deserve nothing but scorn and vitriol. Horrible, horrible people. 

I condemn your family. I sincerely hope that neither one of you will ever get a good night's sleep for the rest of your lives. It's evident you have zero compassion for the people you have killed or for their families, and only started to pay up because you were getting too much bad publicity.

I hope future generations will be deeply ashamed to carry your disgusting name.

Lot of news about this today in thai news.

When Praewa visit the survivor at the hospital, she ask the nurse to use the wheelchair, acting like she injury also. 

Fake injury. Fake sorry.

But the nurse told everyone.

30 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

she does have nice legs.

8 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

You think? Looks a bit on the skinny side.

16 year old.

How old you guys?

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

Laddawan Devahastin Na Ayudhya said everybody in her family relies on sleeping pills at night

BS!!!

But the daughter, father and mother may likely be. Worrying about oneself is a powerful sleep interrupter. The daughter, although shown to be an incredibly self-center and uncaring a-hole, is still likely bothered enough by the effect on her reputation to lose a bit of sleep without the aid of drugs. The parents, knowing that they're dodging their responsibility of paying for their poorly-raised daughter's neglect behind the wheel, are surely suffering some anxiety, knowing eventually this will probably all catch up to them and adversely affect their privileged lifestyle.

Someone tell this disillusioned idiot of a mother that people will stop condemning your pathetic family when you own up to your responsibility. And to ask the government to pay the bill and hope your type will pay it back is delusional. They know your type, lady, and have zero confidence in  your honesty or integrity. 

I'm confident there are has been absolutely no caring thought for the dozens or even hundreds of victims' family members and relatives who have suffered horribly from the loss of their loved ones -- only worry about the effect on themselves. 

This takes some beating for not answering a question

'When asked why the payments have been delayed for nine long years, Laddawan only said that it felt as if the incident had taken place yesterday and that she and her family have been traumatised by the tragedy and social condemnation throughout.'

Ah bless, screw the victims families and forget the money then love!

Tuff nuggies.  They delayed and delayed and delayed and brought this upon themselves.  Trying to save a buck, they now have and should continue to endure any and all criticisms.   Had they fessed up, paid out ,  they could have moved on.  Instead they just keep dragging things out.  No sympathies here. 

Isn't this the girl who received a very light sentence of community service in a hospital and a suspended jail term, appealed against the suspended jail term (unsuccessfully), then failed to attend the correct hospital and demanded to serve her sentence at her uncle's hospital.

It took her 4 years to complete her community service, as she appealed to have her time with "uncle" counted, and failed.

IMO these are the actions of someone who does not give a fork about anyone but herself - and it certainly appears that the family colluded in her attempts to avoid punishment (if one can even describe it as punishment).

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

21 minutes ago, chickenslegs said:

Isn't this the girl who received a very light sentence of community service in a hospital and a suspended jail term, appealed against the suspended jail term (unsuccessfully), then failed to attend the correct hospital and demanded to serve her sentence at her uncle's hospital.

It took her 4 years to complete her community service, as she appealed to have her time with "uncle" counted, and failed.

IMO these are the actions of someone who does not give a fork about anyone but herself - and it certainly appears that the family colluded in her attempts to avoid punishment (if one can even describe it as punishment).

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

I think you've got the essence of what happened and has been going on. 

The way the family has handled it says tonnes about them and their pompous attitude. 

I wonder of this woman is actually sharp enough to realize that by going public and appealing to the world for compassion and sympathy, she has only infuriated the masses and brought their awful long-term behaviour to the forefront again for all to rightly condemn. I really think that these are the type of people who put themselves so highly up on a pedestal, they couldn't imagine that they'd actually be subjected to any scorn for anything done against a lowly commoner -- or 9 (and all their grieving relatives).  

They're likely sad, probably confused by the public outrage, worried about how their posh lifestyle may be affected, and I don't have one gram of sympathy for them.  

Typcial Thainess. 

When they can't squirm out of responsibility, or bullly those weaker into backing down, the only tactic left is to appeal to Thais' sappy emotional side. 

We all feel so sad and sorry for you all, and we understand that 9 years later you have still not paid even a single Baht. 

"susu na" 

Archived