Any Good Words On Http://www.ji-net.com ?

vlad

I have been using their dial up package "non stop cafe" for a year now

recently they changed the name of the package to NonstopX5 and droped the price per month by 200 baht to 1,300 baht, the X5 supposedly allows you(with special compression software) to get upto 5X the speed of a normal analog modem.

I have not tried the software, but can say that I think the speed and amount of modem hangups has got worse since they changed over, but it could be the phone line to blame for that.

They have a local POP in Chonburi that's a local call for me 3 baht a time no matter how long the call is, pick one that is close to you and a *999 number for back up. Avoid the 1222 number as it's allways busy.

Overall I would say its not to bad, an ISP ( could do better though) they made a mess of my billing after changing from one package to another but it was sorted out eventully. :D

And now an old question... does anyone know when ADSL will be available

TO ALL AREAS of Pattaya ?? .............................any one ??? :o

ADSL in Pattaya?

Nobody knows when, not even ToT or TT&T :D

They even didn't get to completing coverage for ISDN when they started installing ADSL! They'll probably start over to install some new technology before there is any decent coverage on ADSL :o

I have good words about INet ... good service, connections that work, people that actually respond to your questions...

Bad words for Loxinfo... Stay away.

If you're going dialup, get a couple of temporary account cards from a couple of different ISP's and try them out. In any case the second one will come in handy when the first one doesn't work.

JiNet are ok, I find their O2 package is actually one of the better deals around. Not necessarily the cheapest solution, depending on your needs, but almost always good throughput and connectivity.

If you have a TT&T line their ISP is quite good as well. The packages are sold as "T-something", i.e. T-unlimited etc.

Loxinfo and CS are hugely overprised for what you get. The usual "brandname hype" of Thailand.

As for ADSL in Pattaya - I had ADSL with TOT in my previous house and both throughput and connectivity was terrible. Aweful!! It was slow and often I was unable to even get an IP address. I used JiNet as the ISP but I am sure they were not the cause of the problem, as with the TT&T dialup line I have in my new house I have really excellent throughput and connectivity with JiNet. Much much better than the TOT ADSL line. I expect some areas have so poor cupper lines that they really shouldn't offer ADSL over it.

• 1 month later...