Sandwash Pool Surround (Chiang Mai)

ThaiPauly

Hi guys,

I know it's a longshot but I need my pool surround re-sandwashed.

It has given me 13 years of good service but now not only is it getting harder to pressure wash but is

cracking in many places as well.

We cannot find the contact details of the guy's company that did it 13 years ago so  I am looking for someone/ company that can do a good job at a fair price in Chiang Mai.

I know there are pool companies that I could use but they are very expensive. I can remember the quote from

the company that put in our pool originally was nearly twice the price,

So if anyone has any recommendations I would be very grateful

On 7/21/2019 at 6:20 PM, sometime said:

Mine went the same way, I looked at the options and decided to fill the cracks with Sista D150 and paint it with water based roof paint.

Been fine ever since

Hi,

Do you have a pic or two of how it looked when you had finished it.

Certainly a much cheaper way that I had not considered so thanks very much

20 minutes ago, sometime said:

DSCN1230.jpg

Thanks,

That's virtually the same colour as mine.

What colour is your new one called? I think it's great and I think I may use the same.

Sorry to be a pain in the ass,

4 hours ago, ThaiPauly said:

Thanks,

That's virtually the same colour as mine.

What colour is your new one called? I think it's great and I think I may use the same.

Sorry to be a pain in the ass,

No problem

The colour I made from white grey and brown roof paint it was just a case of mix a little first to see what colour comes out, or they might be one on the colour charts that you like

On 7/24/2019 at 12:25 PM, sometime said:

No problem

The colour I made from white grey and brown roof paint it was just a case of mix a little first to see what colour comes out, or they might be one on the colour charts that you like

When you described I though it sounded terrible.. The pics look great... 

I have had so many places here with sandwash, hate it, 9 times from 10 looks cheap.. Can be done with grey a little better but still.. 

I've been doing it for years painting S/W people always ask me what did I do, make sure you clean all the crap off it first and I always give it coat of primer obviously fill in any cracks and I always buy Dulux Weathershield paint not cheap, mainly because it has a fungicide in it nothing will grow on it, I just recently did all the front decking and the garage floor after 4 years the patio area was still ok but the garage floor was wearing thin with the car in and out 

12 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

When you described I though it sounded terrible.. The pics look great... 

I have had so many places here with sandwash, hate it, 9 times from 10 looks cheap.. Can be done with grey a little better but still.. 

I painted the garage floor dark grey

2 hours ago, ChipButty said:

I've been doing it for years painting S/W people always ask me what did I do, make sure you clean all the crap off it first and I always give it coat of primer obviously fill in any cracks and I always buy Dulux Weathershield paint not cheap, mainly because it has a fungicide in it nothing will grow on it, I just recently did all the front decking and the garage floor after 4 years the patio area was still ok but the garage floor was wearing thin with the car in and out 

Do you have any pictures of what you did?

Thanks

Archived