solar pump burnout protection needed?

notrub

I have a good quality pump, 3 solar panels and control box that are all working great at 6M3/hr.  It has dry run burnout protection and will switch itself off if the well runs dry.  Then switch on again after 30 minutes.  I suppose it repeats this cycle forever(?).

Pump name HANDURO solar pump, Type: HD-4SC6-56-72-750,  50 to 150V (DC i suppose) 750W  Made in China as are the panels.

What happens if there is water in the well but the pipe becomes blocked?  I have hard PVC pipe but also flat discharge pipe that can become kinked and limits or stops the discharge.  The joints are good and the pipes are good quality so they will not burst.  Will the pump just sit there spinning in the water and not come to any harm?  It will switch itself off if overheating.  The water goes directly to the fields without a holding tank and don't plan on putting one in as we have a big pond to fill up, so an electric water level switch connected to the panel is not an option just now.  Should I consider a pressure switch to turn off the pump if there is a blockage in the discharge pipe?  Prefer not to do this if poss. The person I bought it from said it wouldn't be a good idea to let it run with a blocked pipe but no one has had a pump fail (so far) due to this problem.

Thanks for your thoughts...