Tourist visa extension

I'm in Thailand on a 2 month tourist visa that will expire soon and I want to extend for 30 days. I'm staying at my girlfriends family home in Udon Thani. Since I'm not staying at a hotel Is there anything I should bring with me to the immigration office?

Thanks for any info.

5 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Have you or she made a TM 30 report? 

We did not do a TM 30 but I did write on the arrival card her address when I entered at BKK. I Have only recently found out about the TM 30 and I'm expecting a fine.

1 minute ago, DougM said:

We did not do a TM 30 but I did write on the arrival card her address when I entered at BKK. I Have only recently found out about the TM 30 and I'm expecting a fine.

Ok, then take the fine, pay another 2000 for your extension. Take your passport and photo as well as her copy ID and blue book and all will be fine.

This is bad information. Do you live in Udon Thani Matzzon?

Udon Thani immigration does not ask for (or want) TM30s.

I have extended my stay many times at Udon immigration. You only need to take your passport, 1 passport photo, and 2000 baht. Nothing else is required.

1900 baht is for the extension. 100 baht is for their copies. They do everything for you except fill out the form. It's not like Bangkok where you run all over the place making copies. The entire process will likely take under 15 minutes.

Edited by Thomas72
grammar
  • Like 1

The home is owned by her mum. Her grandpa helped build the home so it's not a rented property. I have asked her to write a letter for immigration confirming that I'm staying there, she has done that and photo copied her Thai ID for me but I don't know if that's enough.

DougM, 

Udon Thani immigration is very friendly and easy. I have lived here 4 years. They have never asked me for a TM30. The only time they ask for address information is when I apply for a certificate of residence (for opening a bank account, buying a car/motorcycle, etc).

I have explicitly asked them if they want a TM28 or TM30. They have always said no.

Don't worry about it. Take your passport, 1 photo, and 2000 baht. They will give you a simple 1 page form to fill out. It asks for your address. Fill it in. But they don't ask for any supporting documentation about your address. I did a 30 day extension there just 3 weeks ago.

And they certainly don't fine you for not filing a TM30.

Most visits average around 15 minutes. If its slow you'll be out in 5.

If in doubt, you could check into a hotel for a night and head to the immigration office the next morning. Use the hotel's address and take along your booking confirmation / receipt. In that case, any obligation to report your stay would be the hotel's alone.

13 hours ago, Thomas72 said:

This is bad information. Do you live in Udon Thani Matzzon?

Udon Thani immigration does not ask for (or want) TM30s.

I have extended my stay many times at Udon immigration. You only need to take your passport, 1 passport photo, and 2000 baht. Nothing else is required.

1900 baht is for the extension. 100 baht is for their copies. They do everything for you except fill out the form. It's not like Bangkok where you run all over the place making copies. The entire process will likely take under 15 minutes.

Nope, I don´t. I just advized for all eventualities. There was no bad information. If he have all that I said then he will pass in all offices. Sometimes things change and that can happen from one day to another. If he go there prepared over what can happen, then he will only be happy over not needing to pay when finished.

My immigration Office have never been fining me for TM30 either, but they do ask for them to be done.

Edited by Matzzon
  • Confused 1

As I said.

Udon Thani immigration is great. I've never had any kind of problem in my 4 years here. They are always helpful and friendly.

When I lived in Bangkok I always dreaded going to immigration... 2-5 hours per visit. It was such a relief moving here.