Crackdown on tourists in Pattaya! "Arabs" without driving licences surrounded

webfact

19 hours ago, Gumballl said:

It has everything to do with the BiB subjectively enforcing one noise ordinance, but not others.

By the way, since you are reading this thread, I suppose the only thing that captured your attention was that it was about Arabs. I suppose if the Arabs were squeezing rubber duckies and making a racket, it too would have piqued your interest.

This article is more to do with enforcing noise ordinances; not Arabs. 

Exactly. It's not a "crackdown", it's just enforcing a law, which is what the cops are supposed to do.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, maddox41 said:

Thais like making money not spending money on a exhaust on a bike to rent it out?? 

I was wondering about that. New exhausts for bikes are very expensive, these noisy fake ones (they don't muffle at all), are about show and probably cheaper. So do they whip off the standard one, fit a noisy cheaper tube, and sell the original?

18 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

early morning is ridiculous and the police do nothing,

Pattaya police don't work after dark; or at weekends; before 10am; after 4pm unless it's on a stick-up during rush hour to cause maximum inconvenience to workers/students going home.

21 hours ago, Kim J said:

Any campaign by the Police to reduce antisocial behaviour has to be applauded, in particular something that might help to improve Thailand's woeful road safety record. But I do wonder when they are planning to do the same to all the Thai males that constantly mirror the exact behaviour this latest crackdown has targetted, also all the Thai renters that do not check licences. I do hope we can see that happening soon.

And pigs will fly......................

You've got to be kidding!  Thai's are constantly exceeding the noise levels and are basically ignored.  Of course, poor Thai's can't afford to pay fines and the foreigners are wealthy so it makes good Thai sense.  They are really screwing the goose that lays the golden eggs here!

On 7/23/2019 at 2:12 PM, sunnyboy2018 said:

Nonsense.  In Burriram last week 400 Thais were apprehended for motor cycle offences.  Similar ME visitors come to the UK every summer and wreak havoc in London with their muscle cars. They are untouchable because of weak police and corruption at a diplomatic level. In Thailand they and other nationalities fit in where police bribery and corruption is the norm. They death of a Russian mother killed by Kuwaiti bikers last month might have motivated the police a bit. Where i live its in Pratumnak it East European men on muscle bikes driving too fast and too noisily just to show off. Its pathetic. But they, like the ME tourists,  have the BIB in their pocket. Bribery is a way of life. For most  European nations bribing the traffic police is uncommon or non existent. 

What were their fines? No way 14 year old children are paying the fines that foreigners do. Do you really year believe any of them have 1000 b to keep handing the bib for their modified exhausts or to dole out 400 baht everytime they are fined for no helmet or too many people on a bike? No way!

Sure they are enforcing Thai law for everyone but foreigners are targeted way more because the BIB know they can pay more. Yes corruption runs rampid but it only works when you coerce those with money to pay.

This was presumably one of those one night only crackdowns with everyone back the next night, similar to the one documented here a year ago. Noteworthy comments in last year's thread include "Didn't this happen a while ago?" and the classic "Halal's Angels" from @Darcula

On a side note, where's he gone recently? His comments were halalious ????

This was presumably one of those one night only crackdowns with everyone back the next night, similar to the one documented here a year ago. Noteworthy comments in last year's thread include "Didn't this happen a while ago?" and the classic "Halal's Angels" from [mention=201829]Darcula[/mention]

On a side note, where's he gone recently? His comments were halalious [emoji4]

If there was a crackdown a year ago as well, how is it a one night only thing? It would have to be at least a two night thing, yes?

1 hour ago, mogandave said:

If there was a crackdown a year ago as well, how is it a one night only thing? It would have to be at least a two night thing, yes?

According to last year's "didn't this happen a while ago" observation, it's looking at the very least like a three night thing. 

Archived