Pattaya: Deputy mayor responds to social media criticism - promises order at Bali Hai... or else!

webfact

Pattaya: Deputy mayor responds to social media criticism - promises order at Bali Hai... or else!

screenshot_110.jpg

Thai caption: No hanging around for customers

Deputy mayor of Pattaya Ronnakit Ekkasing featured in a video on 77jowo in an attempt to bring order to the chaos that has reigned at Pattaya's Bali Hai port, the point for trips to and from Koh Larn. 

The deputy's visit came after social media posts that "damaged the image of tourism in Pattaya", said the media.

Those posts featured minivan drivers, taxi drivers and baht bus (song thaew) drivers all fighting over incoming passengers. Some of the scenes were embarrassing for a family friendly resort like Pattaya. 

9pm.jpg

Picture: 77JOWO

Ronnakit has said that the authorities are cracking down on the habit of vehicles touting for business at the port and parking illegally to do so. 

In future two each of taxis, vans and song thaews will be allowed in the port area at any one time. When they have picked up their passengers they must leave allowing the next in line to come and pick up the tourists. 

In this way Ekkasit hopes that order will begin to be the watchword at Bali Hai. If operators did not follow the edicts then he promised big trouble. 

Source: 77JOWO

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-07-23

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Those posts featured minivan drivers, taxi drivers and baht bus (song thaew) drivers all fighting over incoming passengers. Some of the scenes were embarrassing for a family friendly resort like Pattaya. 

It's odd, I can think of other scenes more embarrassing than that for a friendly resort like Pattaya.

Usually in GoGo bars on Walking Street with alleged erotic implements and staff with a distinct lack of clothing.
Or is that fake news, assuming you believe Pattaya's extremely vigilant police force who say there is no smut in the city.

41 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

It's odd, I can think of other scenes more embarrassing than that for a friendly resort like Pattaya.

Usually in GoGo bars on Walking Street with alleged erotic implements and staff with a distinct lack of clothing.
Or is that fake news, assuming you believe Pattaya's extremely vigilant police force who say there is no smut in the city.

Please put your observations on a postcard (sealed in a plastic envelope) and send to Head of the Pattaya Nick, Beach Road, Richesville....I mean, Pattaya. We need all your help as the "eyes and minds" of the public...WE WILL FIND PROSTITUTION ONE DAY...with your help.

Rooster

2 hours ago, webfact said:

In future two each of taxis, vans and song thaews will be allowed in the port area at any one time. When they have picked up their passengers they must leave allowing the next in line to come and pick up the tourists. 

How many nano seconds will this system last?

The deputy's visit came after social media posts that "damaged the image of tourism in Pattaya", said the media.

Same old same old all about the IMAGE. Nothing about safety of the tourist from that issue.

2 hours ago, Kim J said:

Will this initiative actually solve the problem of the criminal and antisocial behaviour? Or will it just move it up the road out of sight of the tourists?

And create a new mafia opportunity.

1 hour ago, notasmartassknowitallfarag said:

It surely can’t be hard to have a queueing system fir the taxis with first come first served like any other country in the world. 

The problem is the taxi drivers are all con men and scam artists and are there to rip off the tourists as much as they can. 

Grab Taxi gets my business. The "others" get my scorn.

4 hours ago, Chang_paarp said:

How many nano seconds will this system last?

Which is why they have introduced Nana seconds that are a bit longer. They equate to the time it takes before a bar girl in Nana loses interest because you wont buy her a beverage.

Rooster

18 hours ago, Kim J said:

Will this initiative actually solve the problem of the criminal and antisocial behaviour? Or will it just move it up the road out of sight of the tourists?

I was wondering where this queue might be and whether I can now no longer use this as a through road. 

15 hours ago, notasmartassknowitallfarag said:

The problem is the taxi drivers are all con men and scam artists and are there to rip off the tourists as much as they can. 

Prayuth came out this week to mouth platitudes about scamming tourists. Yet ALL Pattaya's taxi drivers NEVER use meters because the other Mafia-in-brown allows it.  Pattaya police are scamming motorists at the rate of 12,000 baht an hour judging by the numbers paying the ransom on their licences in soi 9 last week. No taxi driver has been prosecuted to my knowledge in the last four years.

4 minutes ago, Kim J said:

I doubt very much they will have thought that deeply into the situation. The problem is moved from Bali Hai so they will see it as a job well done.

Now await the customary photo shoot and another mutual back slapping session.

I'd have thought there had been enough 'back slapping' at Bali Hai already.

Or is it a case of if you can't 'beat 'em', join 'em.

Archived