Man stabbed for "just looking at group of young men"

webfact

Man stabbed for "just looking at group of young men"

7pm.jpg

Thai caption: Stabbed for just looking at people

Police were called to the entrance to a housing estate in Bang Poo, Samut Prakan early this morning after reports of a stabbing. 

Bang Poo police found 34 year old Suphit on the footpath by his motorcycle with a knife stuck in his back. There was a lot of blood emanating from the wound.

After being given first aid he was taken to Samut Prakan Hospital. 

A security guard at the Ua Athorn 3 housing estate in Soi Lam Bang Phee said that he had seen the victim drive out to get noodles at a convenience store. 

On his return he was accosted by three men in their twenties one of whom shouted: "Who were you staring at?"

He was then stabbed in the back. 

Security tried to prevent the men from escaping on their bikes without success and called the police for help. 

One of the men was recognized as "Dam" but the other two were unknown to the security guard. 

Police are investigating.

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-07-24

Interesting.
If this wasn't Thailand I would assume such violence would be motivated by homophobia.
But because this is Thailand it sounds more like the young men are garden variety gangsters that were super paranoid for some reason or some kind of bad blood before with the stabbing victim.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Sadly this appears to be life imitating humour (albeit non-PC humour now).

I remember an early series of the BBC comedy Not The Nine O'clock News, going back to 1979.

One sketch showed a clearly racist white policeman being reprimanded by his superior for targeted the same coloured guy continually.

Trumped up charges included, 'looking at me in a funny manner', 'being in possession of black curly hair', walking with an offensive wife'.

Archived