Ho Chi Minh

Please correct any errors or omissions...

Non-Immigrant O Visa (Thai spouse) - Required documents:

Passport (valid not less than 6 months)
Visa application form

$200 usd multi-entry visa fee
Recent photo (4 x 6 cm) of applicant
Guarantee letter hand written in Thai (and signed) by Thai spouse
Copy of marriage certificate
Copy of Thai spouse's ID card (front + back, signed by Thai spouse)
Copy of house registration book (signed by Thai spouse)

http://www.thaiembassy.org/hochiminh/en/services/2886/46902-Non-Immigrant-Visa-"O"---Accompanying-Th.html

Are copies of your passport pages required?

Edited by poka513

The visa application form states 3.5 X 4.5 cm photo is used. See: http://www.thaiembassy.org/hochiminh/contents/files/services-20180518-114143-008682.pdf

Best to have your original marriage certificate with you incase they want to see it.

For the house book only page one and the page you wife is registered on is needed (no need for a copy of every page).

• Like 1

Arrived yesterday from HCM. Did my NON-IMM-O Multiple visa. Easy done with no proof of financial. Had all documents prepared as POKA513 listed. Arrived at consulate at 10am. All done under 5 minuts with no questions. Only 4person inside office. Picked up passport next day 1:40pm 1minute. At DonMuang only few people but long waiting.

• Thanks 1

When arriving back to Thailand (Chiang Mai airport) on multi-entry non O visa (marriage to a Thai), am I (USA citizen) required to have 20k Baht cash equivalent on me and a ticket showing onward travel?

Edited by poka513

2 hours ago, Fatman666 said:

Arrived yesterday from HCM. Did my NON-IMM-O Multiple visa. Easy done with no proof of financial. Had all documents prepared as POKA513 listed. Arrived at consulate at 10am. All done under 5 minuts with no questions. Only 4person inside office. Picked up passport next day 1:40pm 1minute. At DonMuang only few people but long waiting.

Can you please elaborate on the hand written letter from your Thai wife. Is the letter written in Thai and what should be on the letter.

14 minutes ago, time2093 said:

Can you please elaborate on the hand written letter from your Thai wife. Is the letter written in Thai and what should be on the letter.

The letter was written in Thai and text something like this:  

To the Thai Consul in Ho Chi Minh

I would like to ask you for the grant of a NON-IMM O MULTIPLE ENTRY Visa for my husband, Mr. …….., born on ………..

47 minutes ago, poka513 said:

When arriving back to Thailand (Chiang Mai airport) on multi-entry non O visa (marriage to a Thai), am I (USA citizen) required to have 20k Baht cash equivalent on me and a ticket showing onward travel?

I was asked in more than 20 years only once to show 20K on Multiple NON-O. It was on land border entry at Padang Besar. So better be prepared.

Edited by Fatman666

1 hour ago, Fatman666 said:
1 hour ago, time2093 said:

The letter was written in Thai and text something like this:  

To the Thai Consul in Ho Chi Minh

I would like to ask you for the grant of a NON-IMM O MULTIPLE ENTRY Visa for my husband, Mr. …….., born on ………..

Did mine at HCMC last month - fast and easy. The letter was typed in English and wifey's signature was scanned on but then traced over with a blue pen - looked original and passed their scrutiny as they don't look that closely. Definitely take your original marriage papers and house registration.

9 hours ago, chesterubi1 said:

How long does the process take, just one day ? Or do I need to plan to stay longer.

You have to drop it off in the morning and pick it up the next day around 4pm / 5pm.

Lots of hotels nearby. Grab taxi works there too and makes getting around very convenient.

2 hours ago, dcnx said:

You have to drop it off in the morning and pick it up the next day around 4pm / 5pm.

Lots of hotels nearby. Grab taxi works there too and makes getting around very convenient.

Pick up time is from 1:30pm to 3pm in HCM

IMG_20190725_222447.jpg