Visa Processing Agents In Kuala Lumpur

The front office manager at the Hotel Continental in Penang will handle your visa application. (sorry I have forgotten his name)

email him on [email protected]

Why do you need an agent?

Check this forum for the paperwork that you need and then go yourself.

Does anyone know of any visa processing agents in KL similar to the ones in Penang? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

You go to 206 Jalan Ampang yourself, a little before 09:30 in the morning.

At the gate they will ask what visa you want, give you the form. You then enter the compound and sit and fill in the form. If you have difficulties, there is a clerk there helping the illiterate.

At 09:30 precisely the doors open and you go inside. A guard asks you what you want, you show him the form, he gives you a numbered ticket and tells you which window to go to. You sit down, wait for your number to show, go to the window, smile nicely, adjust your tie, the girl smiles nicely, takes your passport and application, plus the various documents that you have brought, together with photo-copies, and tells you to come back next day at 11:30 to pick up the visa at the gate.

Why pay an agent? Unless you wish o process twenty passports (different window).

With relatively recent visa agent history in my mind, I cringe just hearing the term visa agent. I know that you are only talking about someone with an in at that Consulate ... an expeditor, rather than the real baddies, but nevertheless, the term still frightens me.

A side question that has always puzzled me: these "expeditors" (as Dr. PP put it) in such places as Penang. Are they able to help procure visas for people with minimal paperwork or do they merely run the legwork for applicants with the required avalanche of documentation. If it's the latter, why use these agents? Simply to save a trip to the embassy/consulate?

In Penang it is usually cheaper to use an agent than to make two return taxi trips yourself. They are not going to get something you can not get yourself (at least not the honest ones) but they will make sure the application is complete and checked for the type of visa you want. It also keeps the lines at the Consulate smaller as they have everything ready for review. These are not the guys that take passports across borders and is a legit business done by travel agent types worldwide; but as Pat says the word "agent" has a bad connotation due to recent events and at times the Consulate may require all applicants to appear in person.

In Penang it is usually cheaper to use an agent than to make two return taxi trips yourself.

Thanks for the insights. I always wondered about these visa agents in Penang. I've seen numerous posts from people who use/recommend these "helpers" in Penang. It made me curious as to what makes this consular office different from others since I don't see agents ever mentioned for say, Singapore.