Uk visa at VFS for self employed wife

I will take 'the wife' to 'Great Britain' in 3 months. She is self employed with our business. 

I put the yearly earnings when filling out the forms online and everything else on both the ukgov website and VFS. At the end the system generated a 'Document checklist'. The main page just says she only needs to take copy of passport. The page after that lists, info about our visit, current employment, money etc

Do we have to provide all that extra stuff? Do we take it along and then let them decide what they want to scan?

If we are self employed do should we have our license translated into English as proof. 

I read messages from other members on this forum. Some of them implied vfs don't what to see flight details, bank statements etc. Can anyone clarify

thanks kindly

Re the bank statement requirement, are they as strict as thai immigration where one has to show a transaction on the day of applying. Or just a week before showing the balance?

It also says 'Additional information'.... evidence of family members remaining in your home country whilst you travel'

what is one supposed to provide here?

thanks

My wife is self employed and successfully applied for a visitor visa for UK last year.

She wrote a letter from herself explaining that she was self employed and that she had to return to Thailand in order to run her business. She provided bank statements showing a monthly salary but they were not scanned by VFS. It seems they were not interested.

I provided a separate letter with my UK bank statement to show that I was her sponsor and my parents supplied a letter to say that we would be staying with them.

As I said at the top of my post, this resulted in a successful application.

8 minutes ago, rasg said:

The OP hasn't specifically stated that it is a visit visa his wife wants to apply for. Can GHworker2010 confirm please?

If it is a settlement visa then the OP would not need to be worried about his wife's employment and salary here in Thailand. Reading between the lines I think it is quite likely a visitor visa.

It is likely to be a VV but the OP hasn't said so. If it is a settlement visa, then the advice would be totally different.

If the OP's wife is applying for a visit visa his wife will need to show reasons to return to Thailand. Her self employment could be very important to the outcome of the visa as it will form a small part or large part of those reasons.

46 minutes ago, puchooay said:

My wife is self employed and successfully applied for a visitor visa for UK last year.

She wrote a letter from herself explaining that she was self employed and that she had to return to Thailand in order to run her business. She provided bank statements showing a monthly salary but they were not scanned by VFS. It seems they were not interested.

I provided a separate letter with my UK bank statement to show that I was her sponsor and my parents supplied a letter to say that we would be staying with them.

It is probably worth pointing out that, because you evidenced your role as sponsor, the monthly salary for your wife was superfluous; I would suggest it's best purpose was supporting evidence for the business for reasons to return to Thailand.

It should be noted that VfS do not decide what documents are scanned, they are only handing agents for UKVI. The applicant must decide what documents they want to supply and present them with the downloaded bar code separators.

I imagine that your wife's application was successful because she supplied evidence to show"-

Genuineness of relationship/reasons to visit  (your marriage and visit to see family)

Financial adequacy (your sponsorship)

Reasons to return to Thailand (her business and assets in Thailand)

14 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

It is probably worth pointing out that, because you evidenced your role as sponsor, the monthly salary for your wife was superfluous; I would suggest it's best purpose was supporting evidence for the business for reasons to return to Thailand.

That was my thinking behind offering bank statements. They were handed to the VFS staff with the code separators but were handed back straight away, so my wife told me.

15 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

Genuineness of relationship/reasons to visit  (your marriage and visit to see family)

I agree.

11 minutes ago, puchooay said:

That was my thinking behind offering bank statements. They were handed to the VFS staff with the code separators but were handed back straight away, so my wife told me.

I agree.

No problem in your case, but I am concerned that (unqualified) VfS staff could hand back a vital piece of the jigsaw.......

1 hour ago, Jip99 said:

Plus adequate accommodation while she is here.

If they live together in Thailand, information showing they own a house together or are both on a rental agreement will help a lot. And that the OP is travelling back to Thailand with his wife at the end of the trip.

The op said she was his 'wife'. Many questions about the information provided by the OP so far. Are they married? Not sure what 'the wife' means. She might be a girlfriend who the OP sees as his wife. How long have they been together? It can make a difference.

11 hours ago, rasg said:

If they live together in Thailand, information showing they own a house together or are both on a rental agreement will help a lot. And that the OP is travelling back to Thailand with his wife at the end of the trip.

The op said she was his 'wife'. Many questions about the information provided by the OP so far. Are they married? Not sure what 'the wife' means. She might be a girlfriend who the OP sees as his wife. How long have they been together? It can make a difference.

we are legally married and thus presume I should give a translated copy of my marriage certificate?

14 hours ago, puchooay said:

thanks for your reply. 

I will prepare the same as you I think and see what they accept or reject for her visit visa

13 hours ago, Jip99 said:

It should be noted that VfS do not decide what documents are scanned, they are only handing agents for UKVI. The applicant must decide what documents they want to supply and present them with the downloaded bar code separators.

I imagine that your wife's application was successful because she supplied evidence to show"-

thanks for your reply. Are you saying that if Im her sponsor and show large bank balance then she doesn't have to provide bank account details? 

We can provide a translated copy of our business license and rental agreement thus proving our return to thailand is expected. 

can you clarify what you mean by the bar code separators. I dont understand this?

thanks

1 hour ago, ghworker2010 said:

thanks for your reply. Are you saying that if Im her sponsor and show large bank balance then she doesn't have to provide bank account details? 

We can provide a translated copy of our business license and rental agreement thus proving our return to thailand is expected. 

can you clarify what you mean by the bar code separators. I dont understand this?

thanks

Your situation seems similar to Poochuay.

You are sponsor and your financial evidence will satisfy that criteria. Your wife's bank statement would simply add support to the business activities that are forming part of the evidence for reasons to return to Thailand.

Bar code separators divide the supporting papers that you upload, or present to VfS Global.

16 hours ago, rasg said:

It is likely to be a VV but the OP hasn't said so. If it is a settlement visa, then the advice would be totally different.

If the OP's wife is applying for a visit visa his wife will need to show reasons to return to Thailand. Her self employment could be very important to the outcome of the visa as it will form a small part or large part of those reasons.

He mentioned that he's taking his wife to the UK for three months, so that will indeed be a Standard Visit Visa.

@ghworker2010 - the printout of the required documents is the minimum required to satisfy the application requirements, she will need to provide more documents to convince the decision maker that she's a genuine visitor, her proposed visit is affordable and that, on the balance of probablities, she will return home at the conclusion of her visit.

As her sponsor you should provide evidence of affordability.

You say that she intends visiting for three months, that's quite a long visit, you also say she's self employed, she should provide evidence of the cover arrangements for her buisness during her visit.

She should explain the reasons for her visit and if she's staying in private accomodation she should submit details and confirmation.

I agree her financial statements are not actually required if you're providing full financial support, she should however provide details to provide proof that her business is actually viable thus providing an incentive to return.

You seem to be resident in Thailand, so providing evidence of your status in Thailand, Immigration, accomodation, employment etc would help the decsion maker make a favourable decision. 

Good luck

• Thanks 1