Non-O Multiple

I am an American citizen with a non o multiple one-year Visa based on marriage. The Visa expires on September 18th 2019. I am now working in America and have been for the past five months. Previously I spent 5 months in Thailand with my wife on this Visa. My plan is to return to Thailand on September 15th 2019 and I wish to stay for 5 months returning in early February for work. I believe I can get 90 days on my previous Visa upon arrival. After this I am a little confused as to what to do next, perhaps an extension for the additional two months? If anyone has some information I would appreciate the help.UbonJoe may have a little information he can add? Thank you so much for any help in clarification for anyone who would share their time to help me here.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Do you really have a multiple Non O visa, or an extension of stay based on marriage? I am assuming the visa. You can get a 60-day extension to visit your wife very easily at the local immigration office. This will give you a total of 149 nights in Thailand. If you plan to leave Thailand on or before 11 February 2020, this looks like your easiest option. Otherwise, does your multiple Non O visa expire after 13 December 2019? If so, you could leave and re-enter Thailand (perhaps at a convenient land border) and receive another 90-day permission to stay.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rayfish said:

I believe I can get 90 days on my previous Visa upon arrival. After this I am a little confused as to what to do next, perhaps an extension for the additional two months?

Yes you will get another 90 days on entry. Then towards the end of the 90 days you can apply for a 60 day extension of stay from your local immigration office for 1,900 baht.

• Like 1

Thank you very much for your help. I believe I will get a 90 days on arrival and then get a 60-day extension which will take care of this trip. Would love to stay longer but unfortunately I must return to work. I really enjoy Issan and the traditional life to be had there. Personally I believe the rest of the world has many lessons to learn from the humble yet Noble Thai people. The quintessential Thai community has a lot of care and wisdom and leaves no one behind. Thanks again everyone.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Haha 1