Reasons to Stay in Thailand

geronimo

- Old lady and young daughter are here.

- Have a house very close to a beach, couldn't have that stateside.

- Haven't really paid day to day bills stateside in 15 yrs but I'm assuming it's cheaper here for most items.

- I know in Ca the bill for water, garbage and sewer is $150. mo here it's like $50. a mo.

- I could be happy stateside if need be, have a house and car there ready to go.

- Kind of different being here, a little more relaxed. Sort of neat, an adventure every time you drive somewhere.

- The downside here are all the new regulations they're trying to implement. Maybe when drinking is no longer allowed on the beach I'll pack it up.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

All of the ones who have gone home that I know it has been Immigration, health or women problems.  Please feel free post one that is for some other reason.

One of my friends wife died. He went home. Another one just left and went back to Australia as he found Thailand alone not to his liking. Not everyone is suited. Both had money, not on pensions and led good lives back in OZ. In know another two that left: one to South America and another Russia, so they did not go back home to Australia but they both left as they both have just had a wanderlust, and no other reason needed. 

Not everyone leaves Thailand alone on your reasons. I know others of different nations to leave as well and many have been for work. 

Edited by totally thaied up
  • Like 1

On 8/1/2019 at 10:32 AM, geronimo said:

We'd better be careful with all these good points, we might change a few people's minds about leaving ......

long time ago after I moved here I was seriously worried that many more would "discover" Thailand as I had.

well,  yes it happened and the type of people (and culture) that I had escaped were soon to arrive in greater and greater numbers.   Fortunately I am now tired of the city attractions and live where Thai life is much the same as long ago.    Simple folks that are friendly and like others have said :  Freedom to just go about ones life without all the western BS.     (and no farangs, except on trees)

• Like 1