Non O In Kl Very Easy

Just came back from KL for my non O based on marriage very easy and straight forward.

You need your marriage cert original + copy

copy house registration book wife signed

copy ID card wife signed

copy passport

fee 500 ringit

apply between 9.30 and 11.30 pick up next day at 1130

I stayed at the crown princess hotel a 7 min walk to the embassy

so no need to show income or money in the bank

I didn't fill in on the appliction form occupation and the question about overstay no problem

Just came back from KL for my non O based on marriage very easy and straight forward.

copy ID card wife signed

copy passport

fee 500 ringit

I didn't fill in on the appliction form occupation and the question about overstay no problem

Congratulation

Is this a one year non-im O multi ?

500Ringet = about 5000baht?????

Expensive. :o

Soundman.

Err, standard price for a multi-entry non-o :D

Wouldn't have a clue as to the current prices in different countries, but my original multi entry from Melb. Australia was about 1500B in 2000. I for one was actually shocked when the price of the yearly extension rose to 1900B in 2004??

Just a little surprised that a non Imm - o (multi entry?? - the OP hasnt specified) visa costs 5000B. Thats more than a 300% increase in about 6 years.

Cheers,

Soundman.

Soundman.

Wouldn't have a clue as to the current prices in different countries, but my original multi entry from Melb. Australia was about 1500B in 2000. I for one was actually shocked when the price of the yearly extension rose to 1900B in 2004??

Just a little surprised that a non Imm - o (multi entry?? - the OP hasnt specified) visa costs 5000B. Thats more than a 300% increase in about 6 years.

Cheers,

Soundman.

It got to be a multiple entry cause the single costs about 300 RIngit,the multiple is 5oo......So he not have to confirm it.Yeah you can be shocked,but it is true,the visa prices have increased a lot,they proberly thought to make some more income,the former PM needed alot of money for his populist propaganda to make mega infrastructure,so he do not had to look too far to take easy money.many things have changed since his arrival,like the double of monthly income when applying for extension of stay(married)etc etc,to make sure enough would come in I guess.Now that he is gone,and I hope when a new government is in place(elected),they will see no need for this,maybe attracting the foreign arrival numbers surplus,and taking the numbers(visa fees and money for ext of stay) down a bit,would be most appreciative don't you think?

Soundman.

Cheers,

Soundman.

It got to be a multiple entry cause the single costs about 300 RIngit,the multiple is 5oo......So he not have to confirm it.Yeah you can be shocked,but it is true,the visa prices have increased a lot,they proberly thought to make some more income,the former PM needed alot of money for his populist propaganda to make mega infrastructure,so he do not had to look too far to take easy money.many things have changed since his arrival,like the double of monthly income when applying for extension of stay(married)etc etc,to make sure enough would come in I guess.Now that he is gone,and I hope when a new government is in place(elected),they will see no need for this,maybe attracting the foreign arrival numbers surplus,and taking the numbers(visa fees and money for ext of stay) down a bit,would be most appreciative don't you think?

Hope so... but not at all likely!!

Soundman.

Soundman.

Cheers,

Soundman.

It was the first increase since 1986

My husband got non "O" (single)from Laos on january and it'll finish on 10 april.We plan to get another 3 months. So my question is

- Is it posible to get non"O" again ?i mean single type

- Do I have to go back to Laos again? Or my husband has to go to another country?

- Can my husband make a visa run? He did already before he got non"O"

Soundman.

Cheers,

Soundman.

Hope so... but not at all likely!!

Soundman.

I got a 1 year multiple entry and it is really 500 ringit same as 15 months ago in penang

Baco

So that means my husband can't get non "O" again in this year right? a little bit confused and What else can we do? Can he make a visa run? :o:D:D

If I interpret the comments correctly , he can not get another Single O from Savannsakhet.

He should be able to get another Single O from another Consulate or apply for the Yearly Multiple Entry Visa O in KL .

So that means my husband can't get non "O" again in this year right? a little bit confused and What else can we do? Can he make a visa run? :o:D:D

I do not believe he would have a problem getting another non immigrant O visa at Vientiane and probably not in Savannakhet but even if he did not he could get a tourist visa which with extension would last 90 days. He could also just visit Immigration and obtain a 60 day extension of stay (one time only) on the basis of visiting you. Have him try for the non immigrant and accept the tourist if they say no. I do not believe he will have a problem (the Embassy in Laos has changed a great deal in attitude to visa issue in the last month or two).

lopburi3, me and my husband went to Vientiane on january and got non"O" from there.His non"O" is expiring on this 11 april and we plan

about getting another non"O" (single)at KL.I just wonder if he could get it at KL or not.

anyway,thank you so much everybody for the answer.

copy ID card wife signed

copy passport

fee 500 ringit

Last week I called the embassy in KL to ask about the requirements for a non-immigrant "O". That's what they told me:

*Marriage certificate (original + copy)

*Copy of wife's ID card

*Copy of wife's House Registration

*Passport + copy

*One photograph

*Fee is 200 RM and they only issue single-entry non-immigrant "O" visas

I also checked at Penang:

*Marriage certificate

*ID Card

*Financial statement

*2 photographs

*takes one day

So KL looked better to me, as I have a little problem with the finances part.

Now, I had forgotten to ask how long it takes to issue the visa at KL, and also wanted to double-check, especially regarding the financial requirement. So today I called again and got this reply (different person on the phone):

*Marriage certificate

*Financial statement (bank account or similar)

*takes two days to process

*200 RM for single-entry, 500 RM for multiple-entry

I'll be going there next week, but am confused and worried now....

In this thread it is stated that KL is probably the easiest option for non-O and the first poster said he got a multiple-entry next day, without even showing any proof of income/money in the bank.

What is it with these ever-changing requirements (as per Foreign Ministry, Immigration Bureau, different embassies/consulates, and even different staff at the same embassy)? Is it completely at the whim of the official who handles the application after all???

Compare: Thaivisa.com

Non Imm "O" - marriage

Thursday, 21 December 2006

Documents to submit for visa based on marriage to a Thai national

* Application Form TM.7.

* Copy and original of passport or substitute document.

* One 4*6 cm photo

* Marriage certificate

* 1,900 Baht fee

* If an alien is the supporter, he must submit financial evidence, proof of employment, work permit and tax receipts.

Source: Immigration Bureau, Bangkok

Foreign Ministry

The applicants must submit the following relevant documents depending on the purpose of their visit.

- Visa application form completely filled out

- Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months. The validity of 18 months is required for one year visa application.

- (4 x 6 cm) photograph of the applicant, taken within the past six months

- Evidence of adequate finance ( 20,000 Baht per person and 40,000 Baht per family)

- Birth Certificate ("O")

- Certifcate of Marriage or its equivalents ("O")

Can other people confirm that it is simple to get a non-O at KL (especially without the financial statement), and that it is processed within one day?

Edited by bangkokian18

They are never processed in one day - submit one day and pick up next workday - which they call two days.

As for the financial requirements KL has been reported to be hit and miss. But suspect there are few chances for a multi entry without proof that you can support yourself for the period involved in the local area.

See also these comments made by forumers in this thread :

Once you are married, your best option is to get a multiple-entry non-O visa from the Thai consulate in Kuala Lumpur. Bring your marriage certificate, a copy of your wife's ID card, signed by your wife, and although it will probably not be asked for bring also a copy of your wife's house registration, again signed by your wife.
In April you can get another 90 day Non IMM O , or maybe as Maestro said you would be better off getting a multi entry Non 0 from Kuala Lumpur which seems to be the easiest place to get one. No money in the bank needed.

So I came back from KL and thought I'll relate my experience here:

It was really hassle-free. Submitted the application around 11 am, picked up the visa the next day between 11.30 and 12.30.

I applied for a multiple entry non-O on the form. For whatever reason, they also ask you, "Did you ever overstay?" Well, once, one day, unfortunately, more than a year ago. So I thought, better be honest and don't make false statements, and marked it "yes".

When it was my turn, I handed in the marriage certificate, copy of wife's ID and house registration. The woman asked me if I had any financial statement to support my application. I had copied my bank account passbook, but it didn't quite show 40,000 Baht monthly income...... (not sure anyway if that amount is required for the visa application, or just for the one-year extension at immigration?) Anyway, I handed the copies to her.

She quickly flipped through the papers, then said, "We can give you single entry, 3 months. The fee is 200 RM. You'll then have to apply for an extension at the immigration office in Bangkok." That was it. No comment whatsoever regarding the overstay.

So I came back from KL and thought I'll relate my experience here:

It was really hassle-free. Submitted the application around 11 am, picked up the visa the next day between 11.30 and 12.30.

I applied for a multiple entry non-O on the form. For whatever reason, they also ask you, "Did you ever overstay?" Well, once, one day, unfortunately, more than a year ago. So I thought, better be honest and don't make false statements, and marked it "yes".

When it was my turn, I handed in the marriage certificate, copy of wife's ID and house registration. The woman asked me if I had any financial statement to support my application. I had copied my bank account passbook, but it didn't quite show 40,000 Baht monthly income...... (not sure anyway if that amount is required for the visa application, or just for the one-year extension at immigration?) Anyway, I handed the copies to her.

She quickly flipped through the papers, then said, "We can give you single entry, 3 months. The fee is 200 RM. You'll then have to apply for an extension at the immigration office in Bangkok." That was it. No comment whatsoever regarding the overstay.

Hi!

It doesn't exactly sound hassle free if you applied for a multiple entry non-O and only got a single. If you're happy with that though, good for you.

The request for proof of funds seems to be a new thing at KL. Sound like they're following in the footsteps of other consulates, such as Singapore. The question about previous overstays also sounds like a new addition to the process.

It certainly appears from your post that it is no longer possible to get multiple entry O visas without proof of funds at KL and this is yet another significant change which will affect many people that have planned visa trips there in the future.

Thanks for your update.

Wazza69