Vietnam 3 Months - VOA Tourist - Thai & Brit

Hi all!

Heading to Vietnam for 3 months, myself (UK) and Thai partner as tourists - we’ve both left our jobs while we travel so are officially unemployed during the travel period.

I did the 3 month single entry application through https://vietnamvisa.govt.vn for visa on arrival (starting to think this was maybe the wrong move, but done it now) - they have sent through a ‘visa approval letter’ stamped and signed by immigration.

As this is just an approval letter, not the actual visa, I guess in theory it can still get denied at the airport on arrival (we’re flying in to hanoi), just wanted to check in your experience a few things:

- Do you have to prove savings / how you will both be supported if staying the full 3 months? If so, how much needs to be shown?

- How much of the 3 months needs to be booked (all flights and accom? Just exit flight? Exit flight and first accom? Etc)

- Is it problematic that both arrival forms will say we’re unemployed? Concerned they might think my Thai partner is going to try to find work etc.

- In general, how likely is it that we’ll have issues / possible denial on entry?

Just trying to work out if I’m safe to start booking and paying for stuff - any experience and comments appreciated!