Thailand tourism safety: If the Zipline doesn't get you the roads might

webfact

Thailand tourism safety: If the Zipline doesn't get you the roads might

2pm.jpg

Thai caption: Crane of Death

As the head of the Royal Thai Police was reported as saying that the safety of tourists was a priority came news that five young visitors to the kingdom had been seriously injured on the roads. 

The tourists were heading back in the direction of Pattaya yesterday evening after going to the Flight of the Gibbon in Sri Racha, a Zipline adventure. 

A mobile crane pulled out from a soi and collided with their minivan seriously damaging the side of the vehicle. 

Nong Kham police and Phiaw Yiang Thai (Sri Racha) rescue were soon on the scene to give first aid and help the three men and four women who were taken to Samitivej Sri Racha Hospital. 

Screenshot_23-4.jpg

Picture: 77kaeded

They were named as Ting-Yu Huang, 23, Ilia Opaleichuk, 32, Keng Jung Liang, 24, (the men) and two women namely Shan-Ya Wen, 24 and twenty two year old Shih-Ching Chen.

The mobile crane driver Jaroon Phramma, 57, and the driver of the van were both taken away for questioning by the Nong Kham police. Compensation payments would be discussed. 

Flight of the Gibbon - a nationwide company - were temporarily closed down in Chiang Mai in April when a Canadian tourist fell and died. 

The company says online that they are "the most established and trusted Zipline operator in Thailand and Asia".

RTP commander General Chakthip Chaijinda said through his spokesman on Thursday that the safety of tourists was one of his priorities. 

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-08-02

It's a good thing that crane truck was just "pulling out" from a soi and not travelling fast. Looking at the size of that monster, a high speed hit would have caused more than scrapes and bruises.

4 minutes ago, neeray said:

It's a good thing that crane truck was just "pulling out" from a soi and not travelling fast. Looking at the size of that monster, a high speed hit would have caused more than scrapes and bruises.

"pulled out" because HE was and is bigger than any car/pickup/motorbike......

Thats the thinking of people like the crane driver and drivers of big buses..........

1 hour ago, tifino said:

So why/how? Could they link Zip line  (on a property) 

- with a simple road accident 

It's like blaming apples for something that happened on an orange tree! 

it is mentioned because the company has had number of fatalities and injuries on it's properties.

"Here you go honey, we are going to wrap your head in gauze even though you have serious injuries, should not be sitting up, and well, because you see it is very easy to do and it is the only thing we know how to do, and it looks good and and that is what is important. The fact that you should be on a back board with your BP being taken with your vital signs being relayed to a hospital via radio and a trained and highly experienced paramedic is completely unimportant. Now, be brave and we will try to get you back to your hotel without killing you. But to be honest, I don't think we will make it"

2pm.jpg.2fcf1ec2e09ae31974e801e237b726b4.jpg

2 hours ago, neeray said:

but therein lies the rub, he didnt give way to those that had the right of way, this is the problem with traffic in thailand.

in just about every accident here, its because someone didnt

follow the rule of giving way to those that has the right of way,

all from pulling out of a soi to ignoring stop light at crossings

4 hours ago, tifino said:

The "link" is in the title. But, yes, it's just stupid.

The constant crit and mockery and disrespect to the host doesn't do the falang in Thailand any favors. Nor the Thai economy in which the falang finds ze support.

You'd say these guys glasses (for they are mostly male) are half empty, but I fear they've drunk the other halh and many more besides.

Cheer up! ????

25 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

I hope they aren't Chinese. If they are the guy is telling that injured girl, "this didn't happen, you were hit by a gibbon"

Yeah, but it was a Thai gibbon - they're the most dangerous. The speed at which they appear from nowhere and crash into you.

4 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Payments! The magical cure for something that should lead to a jail sentence.

Payments the police would get a serious piece of. 

A Thai crane driver, a Thai minivan driver, both on the same road. What could go wrong.

Vehicles with overhangs. Thais driving them don't seem to understand they can wipe out a couple of lanes. Or they do and do it on purpose. Just look at how the 3BB/True installers terrorize everybody with the bamboo sticks on the pickup roof. Almost managed to hit me once, **********s.

8 hours ago, webfact said:

RTP commander General Chakthip Chaijinda said through his spokesman on Thursday that the safety of tourists was one of his priorities.

His priority but what about the other 99.99999999999% of idiots who are out to get you !

10 minutes ago, mikebell said:

I did this zip-line adventure when I was turned 70 and was impressed by the whole safety conscious set-up and  guides. (Never saw any gibbons).  The drive there and back, however, was far more dangerous.

Before or after the deaths? I suspect they have improved their procedures. But, like many things here, a few people have to die and there is bad publicity before they get around to it. 

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 12:27 AM, brokenbone said:

but therein lies the rub, he didnt give way to those that had the right of way, this is the problem with traffic in thailand.

in just about every accident here, its because someone didnt

follow the rule of giving way to those that has the right of way,

all from pulling out of a soi to ignoring stop light at crossings

Point taken. But I wasn't commenting on fault. I was merely stating, regardless as to who was at fault, that damage from an estimated 50,000 pound rig would have been a lot worse had speed been involved.

I'll leave the finger pointing up to you pros.

On 8/2/2019 at 8:51 AM, RotBenz8888 said:

With a golf cart licence, he was fully qualified for the crane driver job.

He knew he was fully qualified for the golf cart license so didn't actually apply for it. I checked. ????

On 8/2/2019 at 9:00 AM, tifino said:

Did you figure it out yet? 

On 8/5/2019 at 7:04 AM, jacko45k said:

Before or after the deaths? I suspect they have improved their procedures. But, like many things here, a few people have to die and there is bad publicity before they get around to it. 

Within the last 6 years; don't know when the accidents took place.  Was it in Chonburi?

17 hours ago, grollies said:

Did you figure it out yet? 

Well the pointlessness on aligning Zip line,  on the same sentence about a simple road accident; is, well... pointless 

They could have been all going to temple; leaving temple; going to or from shopping; any and all locations are equally dangerous places to drive to/from,

when there are roads full of 'babababor' crane drivers... sharing roads with equally 'babababor' van drivers. 

The Thai article is trying to make out zip lines are as dangerous as jumping off a big crane maybe? ???? 

23 hours ago, tifino said:

Well the pointlessness on aligning Zip line,  on the same sentence about a simple road accident; is, well... pointless 

They could have been all going to temple; leaving temple; going to or from shopping; any and all locations are equally dangerous places to drive to/from,

when there are roads full of 'babababor' crane drivers... sharing roads with equally 'babababor' van drivers. 

The Thai article is trying to make out zip lines are as dangerous as jumping off a big crane maybe? ???? 

I think you missed the bit where the crane crashed into a minivan belonging to the zip line company? That would be the link. 

Archived