Changing Jobs In Thailand

HI there,

Hope somebody can help on this one.

I got a Non-Imm.'B' multiple entry visa back in 2000 and have been able to extend it yearly

and its now valid until 2008. I also have a work permit for working in the Chonburi area.

I have recently been offered a new job and would like to know the current procedure.

I should state that in 2004/5 I changed jobs and that was a question of handing in my W.P.,

getting an M. 10 paper from the Labor office, going to Immigration, who gave me a 7 day

stamp, the choice being either to leave the country or come back within the period with all the relevant papers from the current and future employer, which I of course did and got the usual

30 day extension on approval.

Last time I changed from one job to the other in the same province but this time I could take on the new job in Bangkok, thus having a new labor office.

On making enquiries at Immigration, they say rules have changed and that you have to have

a W.P. So above scenario last time cannot be done anymore.

There only suggestion was to get the new job written into the W.P. book before I left the old one, then cancel the old one, thus still retaining the W.P. The main problem however seemed to be having to use 2 different Labor offices. So, if there is no other way, do I really

have to leave the country for a new visa just to change jobs?? Any advice would be really welcome, thanks