True Blue

Ulysses G.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know, but I sure do hope the new owner will raise the canopy a bit. I pass there almost once a day and have either to bend my head in a disgracefull manner or to walk around on the outside of the tuk tuk, that always seems to be there.

When did Morris sell True Blue ?

I saw his brother David in CM a few weeks ago......he was returning his wife's ashes to the family. She was killed in a car accident in Oz.

Can you clarify please? Was the wife of Morris the one killed in a traffic accident in OZ. I will wait anxiously to hear your reply.

I saw his brother David in CM a few weeks ago......he was returning his wife's ashes to the family. She was killed in a car accident in Oz.

Say's "his wife". Sad, she was a nice person.

Morriss sold out years ago.

Yes, now that I reread the post I can see that it would mean Morris was the one returning to CNX to return the ashes of his wife. Don't know much about David so I took it to read something different.

Yes, now that I reread the post I can see that it would mean Morris was the one returning to CNX to return the ashes of his wife. Don't know much about David so I took it to read something different.

I read it as David was in Chiang Mai with David's wife's ashes.

I read it as David was in Chiang Mai with David's wife's ashes.

Yes apologies for causing confusion, that's how I read it as well.

The plan is to sell it, as a bar, which will fail, because that area is just begging to die as a nightlife location, then the building owner will instead rent it out as a boutique spa or coffee & cake shop, as Chiang Mai desperately needs more of those. :D

How's that for a plan. :o Anyway if anyone wants it, they want 3 mil baht just for the bar fittings and taking over the lease. See www.jasminehomes.co.th under commercial property.

Anyway if anyone wants it, they want 3 mil baht just for the bar fittings and taking over the lease. See www.jasminehomes.co.th under commercial property.

It can be bought in bits and pieces now. "Everythings for sale", says a poster on the gate, and there's a list of items: TV, coffee machine pooltable, steel cabinet, freezer, chairs, tables, kitchenware - just to mention the few things i remember.

I dare say that the David of the Duke's could have turned it into a GOLDMINE, however, he is hard at work on his Night Bazaar location right now, so it will have to wait! :o

Perfect location for a bookshop / pizzeria ....Could be a winner with the right "attitude".. :D

I dare say that the David of the Duke's could have turned it into a GOLDMINE, however, he is hard at work on his Night Bazaar location right now, so it will have to wait! :o

Perfect location for a bookshop / pizzeria ....Could be a winner with the right "attitude".. :D

..I am surprised THE DUKE does not own half of Chiang Mai by now :D

I mean he has been here over a year...why the hesitation ???? Only ONE new location???

He obviously shares that "Midas Touch" with UG....lordy lardy I wish I had it :D

I mean he has been here over a year...why the hesitation ???? Only ONE new location???

I think that paying 250,000 baht a month rent to be next to McDonalds might make him hestitate to try to open another place before it is very well established. :D

Maybe a new bookstore, but not used. It would be completely surrounded by other used bookshops which makes it difficult to trade with customers. Used bookshops are different from other businesses in that regard. :D

i think we need more competition in the used books business in chiang mai. :D any monopoly/oligopoly is not healthy for the city. plus it is in a perfect area for tourists to come get their used books. who knows maybe prices of books would fall for the better? :o

I think that paying 250,000 baht a month rent to be next to McDonalds might make him hestitate to try to open another place before it is very well established. :D

I know this place..we brought some curtains from them the day before they closed down...said the new rent was gonna be 150,000 a monthand they could not afford it...so someone is having someone over at 250!

tigerbeer Posted Today, 2007-03-18 20:31:59 i think we need more competition in the used books business in chiang mai. any monopoly/oligopoly is not healthy for the city.

I can think of about 14 used book stores other than mine in downtown Chiang Mai - off the top of my head - and they are all complaining that they are losing money hand over fist and that they don't make enough money to pay the rent.

As far as book prices going down, it would help a lot if customers would sell the popular ones for a decent price, but - of course - they want as much as possible. They go around to every store trying to get as much as they can and the highest bidder gets the books and passes on the cost to you.

More book stores just means more people trying to earn a living off of the same number of customers and prices for the popular books go up! :o

Edited by Ulysses G.

tigerbeer Posted Today, 2007-03-18 20:31:59 i think we need more competition in the used books business in chiang mai. any monopoly/oligopoly is not healthy for the city.

I can think of about 14 used book stores other than mine in downtown Chiang Mai - off the top of my head - and they are all complaining that they are losing money hand over fist and that they don't make enough money to pay the rent.

As far as book prices going down, it would help a lot if customers would sell the popular ones for a decent price, but they want as miuch as possible. They go around to every store trying to get as much as they can and the highest bidder gets the books and passes on the cost to you.

More book stores just means more people trying to earn a living off of the same number of customers and prices for the popular books go up! :D

Calm down UG........you know they are only ribbing you.

I am sure I speak for all when I say that we want to see your Empire flourish :o