For the avoidance of doubt, could someone please clarify if the below is ok

Hi,

I arrived at BBK on Australian Visa exception from Sydney on June 27. I extended this by 30 days. And now have exit date of Aug 25. If I exit travel to Kuala Lumpur by land on Aug 24 and flight back direct to Surat thani on Sep 1 were they be any problems getting a new visa 30 day visa excemption? ( Is there a minimum period, you need to stay out of the country before getting a new visa exvemptuon. They reason im not applying for a tourist visa in KL is because I only want to spend another 4/5wks in Thailand before returning to UK in October and coming back to Thailand in December using a tourist visa then for 90 days before returning home to Australia for work?  Would there be any potential problems with that senario? My VE history is fairly standard Ive been coming every xmas for 3wks for the last 8 yrs with ocassional week every couple of years. Have evidence of sufficient funds etc.

Any advice would be welcomed

Thanks

From your description, I would imagine you would receive a fresh visa exempt entry at Surat Thani airport. That said,

• we have few reports on experiences of those entering at that airport; and
  • I accept that you would not be using the full 90 days available with tourist visa plus extension, but you suggest you would be staying more than 30 days. A strict official might well give you grief with no onward flight out of Thailand within 30 days (as might the airline).
  • Thanks 1

On 8/6/2019 at 6:20 AM, Marcomilton7 said:

Thanks - but if i get a fresh VE;  do I not by default get additional 30 day extension on the fresh VE by going to immigration office and paying 1900 baht

By default, yes, an extension is available to you if you apply. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/6/2019 at 6:20 AM, Marcomilton7 said:

Thanks - but if i get a fresh VE;  do I not by default get additional 30 day extension on the fresh VE by going to immigration office and paying 1900 baht

The rule on all extensions is that they are granted subject to the discretion of the immigration official. As a practical matter, tourist extensions are rarely denied (though it has happened). A strict interpretation of the rule on onward flights for visa exempt entry is that they must be within 30 days as that is the length of the permission to stay granted on entry.