Taxi service to Bangkok?

simon43

Next week I will drive to Pattaya to drop off a car rental vehicle.  Then I need to take a taxi to my hotel in Bangkok.

I don't want to try flagging down passing taxis in the hope that they'll agree to take me to Bangkok.  Does anyone know of a reliable taxi or private car service that I can pre-book to pick me up from the car rental company after I drop off my car?  Thanks.

29 minutes ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Can't you drop it off in Bangkok? They don't have a branch there? Seems a pretty long trip just to drop off a car...

No, it's a car on finance, not really a rental car.  i'm leaving Thailand, so need to return it to the company in Pattaya.

CharlieH, thanks for that information - I'll call him.

20 minutes ago, Farangwithaplan said:

Will you be starting a "this is my last post" thread? It would be good to get your exiting perspective.

LoL no :), because it won't be my last post.  Been on this forum through thick and thin since 2003.  I'm moving back to live in Luang Prabang (Laos).  Thailand has got a little bit too 'anal' with all the reporting and money in the bank requirements ????

"I don't want to try flagging down passing taxis in the hope that they'll agree to take me to Bangkok." - lol why not? Are you scared of the taxi mafia? Just flag down a Bangkok taxi, not a Chonburi taxi. All Bangkok taxis would be glad to go back to Bangkok rather than driving or waiting around for the next few hours until the taxi mafia finds them a customer. Just flag down a Bangkok taxi away from where the taxi mafia have their booths on the side of the footpath. Talk to the driver then make a quick entry into his/her taxi with hand luggage so the taxi mafia guys don't run up to the taxi to extort a few hundred baht from the driver. Having a big suitcase probably wouldn't be ideal.

Edited by bbi1
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, bbi1 said:

"I don't want to try flagging down passing taxis in the hope that they'll agree to take me to Bangkok." - lol why not? Are you scared of the taxi mafia? .....

And the chances with 2 large boxes of luggage to flag down a taxi on a small side road in the Pattaya suburbs after dark?

Sorry but I gave up those type of activities years ago. I'll pre-book a taxi to meet me at the car offices ????

LoL no :), because it won't be my last post.  Been on this forum through thick and thin since 2003.  I'm moving back to live in Luang Prabang (Laos).  Thailand has got a little bit too 'anal' with all the reporting and money in the bank requirements [emoji846]

Thailand is only ‘anal’ if you’re without money.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I've used these guys a few times... https://www.thelimopattaya.com/ 1,600 THB 

But on my last trip from Pattaya-2-Bangkok, I used the little booth opposite the Whitehouse Condotel on Soi 13, 1,200 THB for a taxi or 1,300 for a car (Toyota Camary) [NB I was sat in the Sportsman having breakfast while the GF went and booked the car so I probably got the Thai Price]