Reasonable Warranty from Importer-Garage for used Japan-origin "Mazda Tribute" / "Ford Escape" SUV Engine [ Japan build ] ?

Reasonable Warranty from Importer-Garage for used Japan-origin "Mazda Tribute" / "Ford Escape" V-6 SUV Engine [ Japan build ] ?

Price offered to me for Engine + Installation + Getting the vehicle into sound road-worthiness ; THB 30,000

What extent would a warranty be considered reasonable in the motor scene [ seller & buyers & administrators ] for used Mazda Tribute V-6 engine installed into Mazda Tribute V-6 ?

Time [ Period ] ?

Mileage [ km ] ?

Yer positive constructive thoughts around this issue are of course also welcome.

Regards,

Our Man in the Tropics

12 hours ago, stevenl said:

For new engine etc at that price: warranty till the door.

Hi stevenl,

I regret to say that I do not fully understand ur reply ;

U speak of a "new" engine despite I posing the question about a "used" engine.

But,- I must consider that u may be making a comparison between the price of a "used" engine & the price of a "new" engine.

I confess to totally not understanding the phrase "till the door"

Please feel free to clarify for me ur thoughts with elaboration.

Regards,

Our Man in the Tropics

An imported, used, out-of-warranty/manufacture engine without history being placed in a used out-of-warranty/manufacture vehicle in Thailand.

If you are paying only 30,000 baht for that all inclusive deal, I would think the best warranty you could get would expire once you drive it off the premises.

I would do a lot of talking with your engine fitter as to what exactly you will get for your money. 30000 baht seems way too cheap to me.  A Tribute engine in Japan run between 28000 and 35000 baht plus shipping plus duty.. They will give a cylinder compression readout and guarantee the bare engine for 3 months. If any auxiliaries are fitted they will have no warranty. I had a friend who imported a used engine and it had no fuel injection no manifolding no clutch no auxiliaries .

To give an example a friend in Singapore has a complete Tribute engine ready to drop in 60,000 kilos but it is 109,000 baht FOB Singapore.

21 hours ago, Our Man in the Tropics said:

Hi stevenl,

I regret to say that I do not fully understand ur reply ;

U speak of a "new" engine despite I posing the question about a "used" engine.

But,- I must consider that u may be making a comparison between the price of a "used" engine & the price of a "new" engine.

I confess to totally not understanding the phrase "till the door"

Please feel free to clarify for me ur thoughts with elaboration.

Regards,

Our Man in the Tropics

Drive out, no more warranty.

Archived