Back to back ED ?

Many people choose another Thai language course of study after the first year. No problem to another 6 months or a year if you can choose advanced studies.

I suggest you verify the latest requirements at the embassy or consulate where you apply for the 2nd non-ed visa. Some have been reported as being stricter on their requirements recently.

Vientiane will only issue one non-ed visa per year. Their announcement about states calendar year but there have been reports of them saying only one within a year.

• Like 2

Thanks. Wow, so if Vien is once a year now, and they are usually the easiest with visas, i don't want to think of others.

I just read here that HCMC just refused an ED.

I am not retired, which leaves me one option only : business visa or leave this country and don't come back.

Lately they are literally making it impossible to stay in their country if you are not a real real tourist.

And i am the kind of guy they should want, engineer, building a startup, etc.

(Their startup visa is impossible even more than the US.)

I guess it is over with Thailand.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Rob4 said:

Thanks. Wow, so if Vien is once a year now, and they are usually the easiest with visas, i don't want to think of others.

I just read here that HCMC just refused an ED.

I am not retired, which leaves me one option only : business visa or leave this country and don't come back.

Lately they are literally making it impossible to stay in their country if you are not a real real tourist.

And i am the kind of guy they should want, engineer, building a startup, etc.

(Their startup visa is impossible even more than the US.)

I guess it is over with Thailand.

So you are not really interested in studying a language? You just want to get and ED to stay long term? Nice.

I got one for 11months and then another one for 11months. Never had any problems. Just the Thai levels should be correct as in you can’t have a beginner and then again a beginner of lets say speaking. Probably depends on a school too. But I at least was doing speaking first year all three levels and then reading writing levels.
Tho important thing is 15hours a week of studying. Then I’m sure you can get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

23 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:
33 minutes ago, atyclb said:

would consider if thailand were an "elite" country

Seems like your here.

Just slumming it?

why might you consider thailand an "elite" country ??

Hi @Rob4, I did two EDs back to back no problem. I did actually get taken to the Ministry of Education mid-way during the second one by my school for a test. Only 2 or 3 other people from my school had to go. Bit of a lottery to be honest on how they selected who would go. Anyway, I was actually taking the course seriously so I passed the test easily. One guy with me didn't but he was also attending regularly at the school, he struggled to learn the language but it was obvious he was trying so he didn't have any problems in the end either. I never tried to apply for a third one so don't know if that would have worked out or not. Good luck!

Edited by stephen tracy