Woman commits suicide using charcoal stove

webfact

Woman commits suicide using charcoal stove 

By The Nation

800_d36c2b03605203f.jpg

A woman was found dead in her pickup truck into which she had placed a charcoal stove in Pathum Thani’s Sam Khok disttrict Thursday morning, police said.

The Sam Khok police station was alerted of the suicide at 7.30am by her uncle, Kornkrit Thongprayud, 65.

Kornkrit told police that he was about to leave his house and restaurant in Moo 1 village of Tambon Ban Ngiew when he spotted the pickup of Soraya Jaritngam, 30, parked out front.

Kornkrit said he initially thought his niece was sleeping but he smelled smoke from inside the pickup so he opened the door and found she had died.

The stove was on the floor in front of the front seat.

Kornkrit said he learned from his younger sister, Soraya’s mother, that his niece was suffering from depression and she has been seeing a doctor at the Thammasat University’s hospital.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30374481

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-08-08

The charity Samaritans is available around the clock for people who want to talk.

If you or anyone you know is in need of mental health services, please contact the Samaritans of Thailand at their 24-hour hotline 02-713-6791 (English), 02713-6793 (Thai) or Thai Mental Health Hotline at 1323 (Thai).

http://www.samaritansthai.com/news/samaritans-of-thailand-english-hotline/

15 hours ago, YTP said:

What does this have to do with losing face?

Yep a long bow to draw I agree from being depressed and seeing a doctor to "... losing face ...". I don't see any connection either. The point for me is a young person has decided to take their life, to cut short their existence. This surely seems to me to be the issue of focus and reflection for all of us as frail and imperfect creatures.

RIP ... dear young woman.

6 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

Yep a long bow to draw I agree from being depressed and seeing a doctor to "... losing face ...". I don't see any connection either. The point for me is a young person has decided to take their life, to cut short their existence. This surely seems to me to be the issue of focus and reflection for all of us as frail and imperfect creatures.

RIP ... dear young woman.

Youngsters nowadays has little appetite to face hardships. They are cocooned in their lives by parents who did not introduce them to the school of hard knocks. Many youngsters in countries like Singapore or South Korea are not taught basic skills in handling rejections or failures in life that they are called strawberry kids. Their egos easily bruised. They do not have the appetite for zest of life unlike those survivors from war torn countries. Instead they took the easy way out.  I would have thought Thai Buddhists are well aware that they can not commit suicide as their souls would still linger in a certain spiritual place until their intended lifetime is up. You get to read about many Thai suicides and wonder what their temple monks had been telling them? 

Archived