7-Eleven staffer suffers bullet injuries tackling robber

webfact

7-Eleven staffer suffers bullet injuries tackling robber

By The Nation

800_a22097955d4218a.jpg?v=1565323935

A male staff member of a 7-Eleven store in Bangkok’s Phasi Charoen district was slightly injured when he tried to snatch the gun from a robber, who fled with Bt3,000 in cash early on Friday (August 9), police said.

The Phasi Charoen Police Station was alerted to the robbery at the convenience store in front of Phetkasem Soi 46 in Bang Wa subdistrict at 2.30am.

When police arrived at the scene, Suradej Jitna, 25, had already been rushed to the Phetkasem 2 Hospital. A bullet grazed his forehead and another his left groin.

Two female staff told police that they were standing at the counter, when a man, whose face was concealed by a full-size crash helmet, walked in with a gun in his hand and shouted at them to hand over the money.

He warned that he would count to five and start shooting if the staff failed to hand him the cash in time.

A female worker than pulled out four plastic tubes that contained Bt100 bank notes, each totalling Bt1,000, and handed them to the robber.

At the moment, Suradej, who had ended his night shift and was about to leave the shop, walked out from inside and rushed back to try and snatch the gun from the robber.

During the struggle, two bullets went off and hit Suradej who fell down while the robber ran out of the shop.

Before leaving, the robber fired two more shots into the shop. One bullet hit the cash counter and another a goods shelf.

The robber was seen riding the pillion of a waiting motorcycle that fled on Phetkasem Road.

During the escape, the robber accidentally dropped a cash tube of Bt1,000.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30374522

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-08-09

21 minutes ago, alien365 said:

Well done Suradej for having the balls to tackle the armed robber rather than hiding round the back. He risked his life for the girls behind the counter and for 7/11s cash. Mr. CP should reward him.

I am sure that himself think now it was a stupid idea. 

Well done Suradej for having the balls to tackle the armed robber

IMHO he was quite silly to tackle an armed robber !
I would have thought all CP staff where trained to hand over the money without any resistance when threatened ,the company is insured and have CCTV all over..its not worth 3000 baht of someone elses money to risk your life for.

1 minute ago, johng said:

I would have thought all CP staff where trained to hand over the money without any resistance when threatened ,the company is insured and have CCTV all over..its not worth 3000 baht of someone elses money to risk your life for.

Not if he thinks his colleagues are under mortal threat. You just assume it was about the money.

19 minutes ago, snowgard said:

I am sure that himself think now it was a stupid idea. 

Agreed. There’s very little money available at the till in these shops, big notes go in the slot to the safe.

Staff aren’t expected to be heroes and certainly aren’t paid as such.

My girlfriend works in sales, they’re told to hand over the loot in these situations. This fella is hoping for a promotion, rise or has a death wish.

Or is a complete idiot.

34 minutes ago, johng said:

He risked the other clerks lives as well. Mr. CP wouldn't have gave a damn one way or another..

22 minutes ago, twocatsmac said:

Agreed. There’s very little money available at the till in these shops, big notes go in the slot to the safe.

Staff aren’t expected to be heroes and certainly aren’t paid as such.

My girlfriend works in sales, they’re told to hand over the loot in these situations. This fella is hoping for a promotion, rise or has a death wish.

Or is a complete idiot.

Or....thought his coworker was about to be killed and did what he thought at that time and through his eyes was the best thing to do. Go back to petting your pussy there two cats. Let real men take charge!

4 hours ago, twocatsmac said:

Or is a complete idiot.

If you try this in a family run shop back in the UK you're not gonna get away with it. The Indians, Polish and Turks don't take this crap. If you just hand the money over they'll return again and again. Although 7/11 isn't a small family run shop this guy showed guts and loyalty. Qualities I respect a lot.

13 minutes ago, alien365 said:

If you try this in a family run shop back in the UK you're not gonna get away with it. The Indians, Polish and Turks don't take this crap. If you just hand the money over they'll return again and again. Although 7/11 isn't a small family run shop this guy showed guts and loyalty. Qualities I respect a lot.

Risking life or even injury for a small sum is insane.

7 hours ago, alien365 said:

There are no English shopkeepers left? Didn't Hitler say the British were a nation of shopkeepers? My how the world  changes.

15 hours ago, alien365 said:

Well done Suradej for having the balls to tackle the armed robber rather than hiding round the back. He risked his life for the girls behind the counter and for 7/11s cash. Mr. CP should reward him.

I hope he's still got them intact...

He is not getting paid enough to tackle the robber with a gun,

give him the money,get him away,it could have went seriously

bad.

Armed robberies are on the increase,also muggings,just proves

the debt some people must be in.

regar worgeordie

Archived