Check IN and OUT dates - Clarification Required regarding filling TM30 Online

Hello Fellow Members

While I and my wife were first time trying to fill TM30 form online, came across CHECK IN and CHECK OUT dates. Attached Print SCREEN image. (Highlighted)  

I really couldn't understand what are these two dates immigration is referring in this form?

Advice required

Thanks

grabilla.Hp2284.png

• Like 1

The online system is meant for hotel’s, which is why it refers to check-in/out dates.

For the check-in date put the date you arrived at the address; and If you can’t leave the check-out date blank I would put the longest date possible, or at least until your current permission to stay ends.

Edited by elviajero

6 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Check-in date defaults to today or yesterday, it can't be overwritten. It's basically the day/previous day of filing.

Check-out date: we've been using the current extension of stay 'expiration' date, which has proven acceptable. 

Exactly.. Use the last day your visa or visa exemption is valid as check out date.. If you however stay longer you get a new visa and just do it again.

1 hour ago, zhangxifu said:

The check-out date can be left blank. Depends on your plans I guess.

No... I do not think that is smart.. If you follow your passport you cant go wrong.. If however you go to another country before the check out date it doesnt matter.. There is no requirement to register what date you leave the country. Your passport say that. 

I just did a topic like this yesterday.  I had one question that has gone unanswered that I will ask again here.

Once you fill it in and submit it, how do you know if was accepted?  When I did it, the form just went blank and I wasn't given any indication at all.

13 minutes ago, AAArdvark said:

I just did a topic like this yesterday.  I had one question that has gone unanswered that I will ask again here.

Once you fill it in and submit it, how do you know if was accepted?  When I did it, the form just went blank and I wasn't given any indication at all.

I think it’s supposed to appear as an addition to the next section below, as a one line entry. If it doesn’t, then you didn’t do it perfectly to their rules

Someone please correct me if I’m wrong, but that’s how it appears to work to me. I had the same problem as you and was obviously entering certain things not quite correctly, because when the IO did it for me, that confirmation line popped up underneath like magic.

1 hour ago, AAArdvark said:

You can go to Search TM30, search by the date within seven day window, anything longer won´t work. Take a screen shot and print it. That´s the only receipt available.

• Like 1