Re-entry permit enquiry.

Live in Chiangmai and went to Bangkok in June and can’t remember if I confirmed that I had come back (TM30 requirement). Our Condo updates system on-line so easy procedure but not sure if I advised them. Seen lots of comments regarding strict enforcement of TM30 and will be obliged if someone can give me some advise. I am due to fly to Cambodia on 20 September and is it best to obtain re-entry permit at Chiangmai Immigration office or airport to avoid any possible fine. If at airport as the first flight will be domestic to Bangkok then onward international flight to Siam Reap which airport will issue re-entry permit. Having said that as I am flying with Bangkok Airways and luggage will be checked through to Siam reap as a transfer passenger will first flight be treated as international? As I have decided to leave Thailand when my current retirement extension expires in November, Thailand has certainly got worse since I initially came, hopefully I will never have to set foot in the Chiangmai Immigration Office again. Incidentally I just submitted my 90 day report on-line and it has been accepted without any problem. Alternatively would it be easier just to go down to reception advising them I have been out of province for more than 24 hours so they can update status or will this cause more problems. Many thanks for any advise gals and guys.

Edited by New beginnings

Did you stay in a hotel in Bangkok that reported your you online? If not there is no need worry about a TM30 report.

If you are flying domestic from Chiang Mai you would not be able to get a re-entry permit there. You would have to do at Bangkok on departure from the country.

14 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Did you stay in a hotel in Bangkok that reported your you online? If not there is no need worry about a TM30 report.

If you are flying domestic from Chiang Mai you would not be able to get a re-entry permit there. You would have to do at Bangkok on departure from the country.

Many thanks Ubonjoe. I am certain hotel would have submitted report. The only reason I queried flight is I assume I will remain airside for connecting flight. Do you know if office to obtain re-entry permit is airside at Suvarnabhumi Airport. From your considerable knowledge do you also know if there is any real benefit to obtaining re-entry permit at immigration office or airport re question of any possible fine. Many thanks

8 minutes ago, New beginnings said:

Many thanks Ubonjoe. I am certain hotel would have submitted report. The only reason I queried flight is I assume I will remain airside for connecting flight. Do you know if office to obtain re-entry permit is airside at Suvarnabhumi Airport. From your considerable knowledge do you also know if there is any real benefit to obtaining re-entry permit at immigration office or airport re question of any possible fine. Many thanks

At swampy reentry is prior to pp control. This is interesting question. Leave that for someone who has done it personally rather than guess.

As for tm30 won't be an issue applying for permit at airport. No fine etc

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, New beginnings said:

Whether you stay airside or not depends upon how you are ticketed. If you are flying the same airline all the way you may clear immigration in Chiang Mai.

A Suvarnabhumi the re-entry permit desk is after security and just before the departure immigration desks.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Whether you stay airside or not depends upon how you are ticketed. If you are flying the same airline all the way you may clear immigration in Chiang Mai.

A Suvarnabhumi the re-entry permit desk is after security and just before the departure immigration desks.

Hi Ubonjoe - Yes flying all the way with Bangkok Airways, connecting flight with luggage checked through to final destination in Cambodia. So the main thing for me to remember is to ensure re-entry permit obtained prior to passport control whether this is at Chiangmai or Bangkok Airport. Certainly throughout all my time in Thailand I have considered you to be the font of all knowledge when it comes to immigration matters. Many thanks.

5 minutes ago, ProbPossConf said:

Recommend to get your reentry permit now at Thai immigration office.  You have one month before you travel.  This will negate the hassle and rush to process through passport control at Swampy.

Hi - Really appreciate your comment but to be honest it’s the question of whether if I go to Immigration office I will be subject to a fine. Honestly cant remember if I got my condo to register me back home when I returned from Bangkok in June. The flight from Chiangmai is 10.10am with layoff at Swampy of 3 hours so hopefully should give me enough time. Just out of interest does anyone know what Chiangmai Immigration are currently charging for non-reporting TM30?

It would seem to me that if you're liable for a fine that you get it sorted out along with your re-entry in Chiang Mai before you fly. It doesn't make sense to dwell on uncertainty when you can get it done ahead of time and out of the way. Then you can sit back and relax and enjoy your trip. Have a good time in Cambodia (lovely people).

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, New beginnings said:

Sorry MJKT2014 - Can you clarify your post. Are you saying it will be easier for me to just go down to reception and get them to update TM30 status on-line or, if I do this, it will cause more problems. Many thanks.

It seems like your living in rented condo, so its the condo responsible for doing TM30 reporting and or any late report fines. So at least you will be online again at the correct CM address so you can then go to IO to get a reentry permit. I would hope they will not fine you at IO as you are now online, but let us know - perhaps they are so saddistic these days as to fine for missing gaps in TM30 from earlier periods of ones stay?? I don't know. You are going to have to do it anyway before getting a re entry permit at CM IO as the airport isn't an option it seems?

• Like 1