Recommendations for current Best free VPN for users in Thailand

scorecard

On 8/15/2019 at 8:02 AM, wgdanson said:

You tell us why not.

Well I need one for Netflix and Amazon Prime. So it needs to show me from the USA. Opera would work for Amazon but would it work for netfilx?

On 8/15/2019 at 7:02 PM, wgdanson said:

You tell us why not.

Basically I see only 2 reasons for needing a VPN in Thailand. Geo Unrestrict (so the likes of 'Nyezhov' above can watch his US Netflix) and if using a public wifi. As Thai ISP's, to my knowledge, are not into the 'cease and desist letter' game downloading and streaming through a VPN only slow things down.

And how safe is even a paid VPN. If they are facing prosecution/imprisonment they are going to role over on you.

But as we know with the TM30 saga it may all change tomorrow, however until that does I do not bother with a VPN.

23 hours ago, Kron said:

Basically I see only 2 reasons for needing a VPN in Thailand. Geo Unrestrict (so the likes of 'Nyezhov' above can watch his US Netflix) and if using a public wifi

There are other reasons for using VPN's.  An obvious example is logging into home country financial and government sites with a home country IP address is often essential depending on your circumstance

On 8/14/2019 at 11:45 AM, scorecard said:

Looking for current recommendations from the gurus on to best free and safe VPNs for folks located in Thailand.

Could be useful to indicate which country you want to target. :ermm:

VPN companies only covers a few countries (by IPs) and best ones for Europe probably not the best ones for US, and vice versa.

31 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Yes they are.  They block many sites, especially those even mildly critical of Thailand e.g. The Daily Mail (UK) plus other types of sites.

The daily mail is back online, try wrx.zen  it has all national & local newspapers, 

39 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

They block many sites, especially those even mildly critical of Thailand e.g. The Daily Mail (UK) plus other types of sites.

Uh?

Just checked and no problem to access this site. (I use 3BB)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/

I heard they block a few websites in thai (about politics, army or the King)

but long time I didn't see a foreign language website blocked ?? :ermm:

TV Mucho no vpn required stand alone player zero buffering 1 hour a day free 2 if you like on social media enough to watch the bbc news haven't paid anything in 10 years to watch uk tv as one go's down something else springs up when all else fails android has dozens of free and hacked vpn's to cast to a laptop or tv ???? 

23 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

Yes they are.  They block many sites, especially those even mildly critical of Thailand e.g. The Daily Mail (UK) plus other types of sites.

Never heard that Thai ISP's are issuing cease and desist letters. Blocking of sites in Thailand is a different issue normally on directions from the Government.

23 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

There are other reasons for using VPN's.  An obvious example is logging into home country financial and government sites with a home country IP address is often essential depending on your circumstance

I did say that as one of my two options - Geo Unrestrict. Also not sure why you would need to access a 'Government Site' via a VPN!

Archived