No-deal Brexit will be stopped, Hammond says

snoop1130

maybe somebody already wrote about it, but in case it was not,  here are my 2 pennies of thoughts

So the majority voted to leave, that's correct and that should be respected, unfortunately after that vote they should have a second vote asking about the way of leaving, organized leaving, with a deal or no deal leaving, what type of leaving should/would be accepted and so on.... same as some of us did when we left our countries, we decided to go somewhere else, prior to that (some may) did some research as to where to go and the best way to get there, how life would be once there, (sometimes) not an easy decision to leave own country but knowing a little about the place where we will be going helps on the final decision, thus a second referendum should be conducted and ask people's opinion about the best way of leaving the EU, it's their right, after all (at the 1st vote) they (decided) voted to leave but didn't say how, this time (2nd vote) let them decide how

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Mavideol said:

maybe somebody already wrote about it, but in case it was not,  here are my 2 pennies of thoughts

So the majority voted to leave, that's correct and that should be respected, unfortunately after that vote they should have a second vote asking about the way of leaving, organized leaving, with a deal or no deal leaving, what type of leaving should/would be accepted and so on.... same as some of us did when we left our countries, we decided to go somewhere else, prior to that (some may) did some research as to where to go and the best way to get there, how life would be once there, (sometimes) not an easy decision to leave own country but knowing a little about the place where we will be going helps on the final decision, thus a second referendum should be conducted and ask people's opinion about the best way of leaving the EU, it's their right, after all (at the 1st vote) they (decided) voted to leave but didn't say how, this time (2nd vote) let them decide how

We know the destination. We've been there before. 

On 8/14/2019 at 7:13 PM, stevenl said:

Ok, let me make this real easy for you: on the ballot form, did it say 'leave and trade on WTO terms'?

Those that voted to leave all knew exactly what they were voting for, it was only Boris Johnson that did not understand how the WTO operates.

58 minutes ago, nauseus said:

We know the destination. We've been there before. 

so no 2nd "democratic" vote to decide soft border VS hard border, WTO or self trade organization and many many more, why not let the people vote

41 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

so no 2nd "democratic" vote to decide soft border VS hard border, WTO or self trade organization and many many more, why not let the people vote

Just another undemocratic way designed to foil or nullify the original democratic vote. Typical remainer tactics. 

16 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Because of course the democratic process came to a shuddering halt on the morning of the referendum result.

No. Then parliament had to vote on whether to invoke Article 50 or not. The next stage in the democratic process. Why did they need to do this when the people had decided? Because it was required by British parliamentary democracy as the referendum, legally, was only advisory.

55 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Because of course the democratic process came to a shuddering halt on the morning of the referendum result.

I think that was the idea, originally, yes, until the remainers suddenly realized they had lost. 

54 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

No. Then parliament had to vote on whether to invoke Article 50 or not. The next stage in the democratic process. Why did they need to do this when the people had decided? Because it was required by British parliamentary democracy as the referendum, legally, was only advisory.

No more voting,no more hot air Boris has won  and won well.  Wonder now why all the rhetoric?  its finished,its over.  No more EU in UK    and if there was ever an attempt to put UK back into EU there would be blood on the streets,the resolve and determination of the leavers by far would outweigh anything the remainers could garner

15 minutes ago, zorrow424 said:

No more voting,no more hot air Boris has won  and won well.  Wonder now why all the rhetoric?  its finished,its over.  No more EU in UK    and if there was ever an attempt to put UK back into EU there would be blood on the streets,the resolve and determination of the leavers by far would outweigh anything the remainers could garner

Well good to see you are advocating terrorism on a public forum - which is just what Irish republicans and others are suggesting. Hope Prism or whatever the system US/UK GCHQ uses to monitor has just had a red flag - however when the algo checks you out ......they'll forgo the home visit for now......

ps. One thing I'm with JRM is diction,spelling,punctuation, grammar and clarity of thought are important in writing. But then I went to a good school just like him - but my place was free unlike most of my fellows whose rich parents paid handsomely for the privilege so I pretty much know what they think of the 'plebs' of which I was one. How did I squander it arguing on an expat internet with you folk instead of having an offshored hedge fund I'll never know. So many angry people in the western world - calm down dears. 

Anyway LEAVE MEANS LEAVE if that helps.....

Image result for keyboard warrior

14 minutes ago, zorrow424 said:

there would be blood on the streets,the resolve and determination of the leavers by far would outweigh anything the remainers could garner

Look forward to seeing you on the news bloodied, battered but not beaten along with the other 20 Brexit solders that attended Farage's last march for freedom.

18 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Well good to see you are advocating terrorism on a public forum - which is just what Irish republicans and others are suggesting. Hope Prism or whatever the system US/UK GCHQ uses to monitor has just had a red flag - however when the algo checks you out ......they'll forgo the home visit for now......

Not advocating anything,just let them get on with it,little wonder the English

regard the Irish as thick as the proverbial. 

Let them battle it out,last one standing wins...could do a televised comedy half hour,every couple of weeks or so    here we are 2020 looms and cavemen at it again,      Nobody in GB could give a toss about it all  backstop is something Leo gets up to when his pants are around his ankles

8 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Look forward to seeing you on the news bloodied, battered but not beaten along with the other 20 Brexit solders that attended Farage's last march for freedom.

Hi Danny - good to see you back - that 'march' was a good laugh though - but don't worry Tommy will be out soon with a huge bag of coke paid for by his patriot supporters and he will lead them into the promised land line by sniffin' line. Obviously this pic needs a bit of tippex to do the dream justice. 

Image result for jehovah witness lion

1 minute ago, zorrow424 said:

Let them battle it out,last one standing wins...could do a televised comedy half hour,every couple of weeks or so    here we are 2020 looms and cavemen at it again,      Nobody in GB could give a toss about it all  backstop is something Leo gets up to when his pants are around his ankles

Yup the Irish that were this thick.

Image result for brighton bombing

4 minutes ago, zorrow424 said:

Step back from the bottle , take your fingers away from the keyboard , close your eyes and breathe in and out slowly. Chanting peace and then go for a massage to soothe away your tensions.

Not even a pin prick in the grand order of things, but I tell you this when all the dust settles down no hesitation to say Eire will be a wasteland after ND day ,make Greece look a wealthy paradise    The UK could bring the EU down ultimately without lifting a finger    Better though when Paddy gets that tunnel or bridge built to St Malo  

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 6:48 PM, CG1 Blue said:

Watch the video, post #43 from Vogie. Leaving without a deal was mentioned countless times. The remain campaign made it absolutely clear no deal was a possibility. 

The government at the time consistently pointed out the 'risks' of leaving without a deal. The government leaflet posted to every UK household (costing the tax payer £9m)  mentioned a leave vote would mean leaving the CU and the Single Market.  

Or are you suggesting the public only listened to the Vote.Leave campaign? I repeat:

The public, knowing all the different possible Leave outcomes, and taking on board all the dire warnings from Cameron and Osborne voted to Leave. They didn't vote to Remain in the EU. 

I have watched the video, and the possibility of leaving without a deal and having to revert to WTO terms is mentioned many times; by Remainers such as Cameron!

I repeat, the whole Vote.Leave campaign was based upon us leaving all the bits of the EU we didn't like, whilst retaining all the bits we did. Not once did the Vote.Leave campaign mention the consequences of leaving without a deal nor the consequences of joining Mauritania in becoming only the second country to trade on WTO terms alone. 

Of course I am not suggesting that the public only listened to the leave campaign; I would think that many voters had already made up their mind about the UK's membership of the EU long before the campaigns started.

But enough of them did, particularly amongst those who usually took no interest in politics and rarely, if ever, voted; who rarely, if ever, watched current affairs, political discussions or election broadcasts; who usually put election leaflets straight in the bin without reading them.. A group Cummings saw as a blank canvas upon which he could paint his views; and so they were targeted by Vote.Leave by various means, including illegal text messages. A tactic which succeeded in swinging the balance narrowly in Leave's favour.

Neither Vote.Leave nor any other leave campaign group produced any argument in response to any warnings of what could happen if we left the EU, especially if we left without a deal. Instead they simply dismissed these warnings as 'Project Fear.' 

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 3:09 AM, NanLaew said:

Utter tosh.

The question asked was and irresolutely remains “Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or leave the European Union?” You can keep all your bus-side advertising and WTO rules out of it. That all came after the fact when both sides realized to their horror that the pin has been unexpectedly pulled by that wonderful, resilient and extant entity, the UK voter

And the "dangers" that the Remain side brought up were so hugely significant and memorable that they were so easily defeated as scaremongering?

Remind us what they said again?

See my response to CGI Blue above. 

BTW, the Boris bus and other lies from the leave campaign occurred during the campaign, not after.

Yes, the full consequences of leaving without a deal did not become known until well after the vote.

A very strong argument for allowing the British public the democratic right to change their mind now that those consequences are more widely known.

But we all know why you Brexiteers are so against that!

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 3:27 AM, vinny41 said:

David Cameron !!28 TIMES!! "Leave Single Market" (June 2016)

Here was I thinking Cameron was a Remainer!

Why can't any of you find someone from Vote.Leave talking about trading on WTO terms during the campaign?

Answer, because they didn't!

6 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

I have watched the video, and the possibility of leaving without a deal and having to revert to WTO terms is mentioned many times; by Remainers such as Cameron!

I repeat, the whole Vote.Leave campaign was based upon us leaving all the bits of the EU we didn't like, whilst retaining all the bits we did. Not once did the Vote.Leave campaign mention the consequences of leaving without a deal nor the consequences of joining Mauritania in becoming only the second country to trade on WTO terms alone. 

Of course I am not suggesting that the public only listened to the leave campaign; I would think that many voters had already made up their mind about the UK's membership of the EU long before the campaigns started.

But enough of them did, particularly amongst those who usually took no interest in politics and rarely, if ever, voted; who rarely, if ever, watched current affairs, political discussions or election broadcasts; who usually put election leaflets straight in the bin without reading them.. A group Cummings saw as a blank canvas upon which he could paint his views; and so they were targeted by Vote.Leave by various means, including illegal text messages. A tactic which succeeded in swinging the balance narrowly in Leave's favour.

Neither Vote.Leave nor any other leave campaign group produced any argument in response to any warnings of what could happen if we left the EU, especially if we left without a deal. Instead they simply dismissed these warnings as 'Project Fear.' 

..but can you still not see,its over,finished,no good stating he said this and that,finished, kaput...as stated post 200   step back from it all,its gone,nothing or nobody to stop anything    its only the Irish who are going to suffer big time  Yes bit of discomfort felt by all I imagine,..but UK £ going up...like years before £ hit parity with Euro,six months later up by a rocket  everybody on buying binges in Spain

Just give it a rest  its all finished, Boris has won   Good for Boris,good for UK

4 minutes ago, zorrow424 said:

..but can you still not see,its over,finished,no good stating he said this and that,finished, kaput...as stated post 200   step back from it all,its gone,nothing or nobody to stop anything    its only the Irish who are going to suffer big time  Yes bit of discomfort felt by all I imagine,..but UK £ going up...like years before £ hit parity with Euro,six months later up by a rocket  everybody on buying binges in Spain

Just give it a rest  its all finished, Boris has won   Good for Boris,good for UK

Good to see that you are still having those sweet dreams about pink unicorns. Make the most of it, I suspect the reality is going to be a nightmare for you.

6 minutes ago, zorrow424 said:

As performed by AIQ. Also performed in parallel by Cambridge Analytica on behalf of the Farage/Banks campaign. More than 60 million Facebook/Twitter personalised messages sent out between them. And that doesn't include the St Petersburg Troll Farm, god knows how many personalised messages they sent out to the same caucasus of floating voters (or non voters as you rightly say).

5 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Good to see that you are still having those sweet dreams about pink unicorns. Make the most of it, I suspect the reality is going to be a nightmare for you.

Seems a lot of Irish here quoting the usual dribble,    Its over,get over it.  The backstop was a marvellous achievement ,and after all not only the Telegraph giving them (Irish) the "useful idiots" tag

So it proved to be,good result,but please keep typing,lot of Irish in there  lol

8 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

As performed by AIQ. Also performed in parallel by Cambridge Analytica on behalf of the Farage/Banks campaign. More than 60 million Facebook/Twitter personalised messages sent out between them. And that doesn't include the St Petersburg Troll Farm, god knows how many personalised messages they sent out to the same caucasus of floating voters (or non voters as you rightly say).

I said nothing of the sort  its the Irish coming out of you !!!  post 196

2 hours ago, nauseus said:

Just another undemocratic way designed to foil or nullify the original democratic vote. Typical remainer tactics. 

Good point!

The general rule in a democracy is that the winning side in a vote gets its way and the losers accept the result.

Anything else isn't democracy.

Archived