Recomendations for Car Body Shop

billaaa777

Hello, I have a new Mazda and evidently, if you can believe it, the large Mazda dealer I bought it from in Pattaya can't fix a few minor scratches. They sent me to a Mazda Chonburi dealer who told me their service department doesn't even open for a month. That was a waste of three hours and 1,500 Baht for a taxi to give me a ride home after I left my car there.

So, does anybody know of a quality car body shop in Pattaya that's in a location I could find. Also, I know most people probably won't know this. But, do you think they will be able to buy the exact paint from Mazda?

Thanks in advance for your help.

When a pair of daft young Thai boys on a bike pranged the front of my car a couple of years ago the insurance company sent me to Rs Terminal Auto body shop, on Suk a short distance before the Floating Market. Actually very easy to find.

I don't know if they only do insurance work, but you could call and ask. They were not quick, but I'm told the body shops never are. They did do a first-rate job, however, which is why I'm recommending them.

เอส เทอร์มินอล เซอร์วิส เซ็นเตอร์ บจก. (Rs terminal Auto Pattaya)

Tel: 038 076 854, 08-1351-2589

Address : 451/368 Moo 12 Nongprue, Banglamung, Chonburi,  20150

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rsterminal-Auto-Pattaya/148676658674329?fref=tag

Hi Guderian,

Thanks for the tip. I looked at their Facebook page and there is a map on it and I think I can find it. Of course I have insurance, but if it's only going to be 10K to 20K I would just rather pay it myself. The car insurance companies raise your rates every time you make a claim and those rate increases usually last for years.

Thanks again,

Bill

3 minutes ago, billaaa777 said:

Hi Guderian,

Thanks for the tip. I looked at their Facebook page and there is a map on it and I think I can find it. Of course I have insurance, but if it's only going to be 10K to 20K I would just rather pay it myself. The car insurance companies raise your rates every time you make a claim and those rate increases usually last for years.

Thanks again,

Bill

You're welcome.

The hike in insurance wasn't as bad as I expected. The repairs probably cost 16K Baht or so, at least that's what Ford quoted for doing it and paying myself. The hike in my first-class insurance premium was less than 2K Baht, I think around 1600 or 1700 Baht maybe, I'd have to look it up and all the paperwork is in the car. Even if it takes them a decade to reduce the premium I won't have lost much money by making the claim, and it saved arguing with the Thai boys who was going to pay for the repairs to their scooter. The insurance agent I use also said that if they hike the premiums too much then he will simply look for another, cheaper insurance company, so it might be worth making the claim after all.

9 hours ago, billaaa777 said:

But, do you think they will be able to buy the exact paint from Mazda?

Mazda do not sell paint. All car manufacturers buy from pain companies such as PPG, Sikkens, and Glasurit. Make sure you get them to guarantee the paint match and do not let them paint more than they have to. For example, low end shops will pain the whole side because or their inability blend the colour. This will devalue the car and cause problems when selling.

2 hours ago, stubuzz said:

Mazda do not sell paint. All car manufacturers buy from pain companies such as PPG, Sikkens, and Glasurit. Make sure you get them to guarantee the paint match and do not let them paint more than they have to. For example, low end shops will pain the whole side because or their inability blend the colour. This will devalue the car and cause problems when selling.

Mazda repair centre in Chonburi did a perfect job on my mazda 3 when I took the front off it, took them months though.

Hi Guderian,

Thanks for the tip on insurance, maybe I will let the pay for it after all. From the map, it looks like the shop is on the left hand side of the road if your coming from Pattaya, is that correct? Also, does anybody there speak English?

Thanks again,

Bill

Well, I definitely don't won't them to paint the whole side of the car just to fix a few minor scratches. Do you know if the companies you mentioned supply Mazda matching paint. I had it painted red and that cost me 10K more than any other color.

There is a formula for mixing the colour and most paint shops can do it. If your car is fairly new the colour match should be ok. Older faded paint is hard to match.

Most car dealers do not paint or do body repairs themselves but send it out to a paint shop. Quality of work varies greatly.

Not much point in repairing small scratches as a week later there will be another one! Wait till someone runs into you and claim it on their insurance.

Archived