Azdome dash cam...?

rawhod

Is there anyone in this forum using a Azdome das-cam?

I have purchased a Azdome M06 dash cam. It has an excellent spec, 4K, WiFi, GPS etc. Everything works except the GPS. It has not connected since I got it one week ago.

I e-mailed Azdome service and they suggested repositioning the camera on the windscreen. I've tried that but still no signal.

I was wondering if there is anyone in Thailand with an Azdome cam, and what their experience was with the GPS (particularly in the Northern region arround Chiang Mai)

Thank you.

What car are you installing it in? Some marques have the antenna and other r.f. blocking stuff in the top edge of the windscreen. This can block the weaker, higher frequency GPS signals from reaching the dashcams small built-in GPS antenna. That's why they suggested relocating it to see if it finds satellites. I suggest a test run with it lying on the dashboard top, no need to go driving. If it acquires satellites OK, then the unit's basic GPS is working OK. If the GPS dies when you move it back to the top of the windshield, then it may be what's in the glass. Another thing that can affect GPS signals are after market screen tints that have a metallic content.

Edited by NanLaew

Hi NanLaew, thanks for your reply...

Its a new Toyota Sienta.

I've not had an opportunity to test the unit at different locations on the windscreen yet, however, yesterday on the way to Mai Rim, it did acquire a signal, so I now know that the GPS is working OK.

I don't have metallic tint, in fact I only a tint strip along the top edge of the screen.

The first chance I get, I'll check it at different locations.

Cheers

Ive had OE GPS for years here . When this phone came out years ago ive never used them since. Why because after a few hours i like to stop at Amazon, have an Iced Tea and mull perhaps a better route in comfort. Plus German cars head to Poland all the time..!.????

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect