Video: Pick-up man wais in apology after pulling a sword on a taxi driver twice his age

webfact

Video: Pick-up man wais in apology after pulling a sword on a taxi driver twice his age

4pm.jpg

Thai social media was widely sharing yet another serious road rage incident that happened in the Bang Plee area south east of Bangkok. 

CCTV showed a fat man aged about 30 to 35 advance on a taxi being driven by a 62 year old man.

The pick-up driver was brandishing a sword and the taxi driver suffered a hand injury when he tried to grab it. 

Pol Col Sophon Mongkhonsophonrat, chief of the Bang Plee force, told Daily News Online that the assailant gave himself up after the incident.

He gave a wai in apology and said he was angry that the taxi driver did not allow him to pass. 

It appears he has been charged with assault and having a weapon in public though police played down the incident saying the old driver had made a grab for the weapon to defend himself. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-08-20

41 minutes ago, webfact said:

It appears he has been charged with assault and having a weapon in public though police played down the incident saying the old driver had made a grab for the weapon to defend himself. 

He's head wasn't chopped of, so that wai will be sufficient.

3 hours ago, giddyup said:

I watched it on the Thai TV news this morning, the fat <deleted> excuse was that he was drunk and couldn't control his temper!

Obvious. He parks in the middle of the road and leaves the door open for passing traffic to hit. Suggest Sharia law be applied, cut off right arm; no more swords , driving all fixed.

3 hours ago, giddyup said:

I watched it on the Thai TV news this morning, the fat <deleted> excuse was that he was drunk and couldn't control his temper!

Then why the hell was he not arrested and off to monkey house, truck confiscated................and his balls cut off!(sorry I couldn't control my temper)

2 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Then why the hell was he not arrested and off to monkey house, truck confiscated................and his balls cut off!(sorry I couldn't control my temper)

A wai seems to be sufficient for everything short of murder, doesn't matter if there is zero sincerity behind it.

7 hours ago, mercman24 said:

another classic case of not realy taking the blame for his actions, it reads,  its the old timers fault for grabbing the sword, you should have let him stab you with it,  what the ****

Perhaps even more to the point, does this really need such violence?

Where I grew up people just didn't behave like this, what's happened?

And it's not only Thailand. 

25 minutes ago, scorecard said:

One reason: In the west Its the coarsening of culture wherein deviant behavior is magnified and celebrated by its very viral existence. 

But one thing I noticed in a lot of these violence videos is the ubiquitous motosai guys who are usually the only ones who ever stop to try to help.

3 hours ago, scorecard said:

The world is populated with many humans without souls....only the spirit is driving the earth body suit. 

20 hours ago, webfact said:

He gave a wai in apology and said he was angry that the taxi driver did not allow him to pass.

20 hours ago, webfact said:

police played down the incident saying the old driver had made a grab for the weapon to defend himself.

Unbelievable !!!!!

Archived