Us Citizen Visa Clarification

Hi, I'm hoping someone can clarify the visa situation for me. Im a US citizen and understand I don't need to get a visa for a 30 day stay. I will be visiting for 60 days however so will I need to go and get an extension after 30 days or should I actually get a tourist visa ( and can I do that when I arrive in BKK) ?

Thanks!

Hi, I'm hoping someone can clarify the visa situation for me. Im a US citizen and understand I don't need to get a visa for a 30 day stay. I will be visiting for 60 days however so will I need to go and get an extension after 30 days or should I actually get a tourist visa ( and can I do that when I arrive in BKK) ?

Thanks!

You cannot apply for a visa in Thailand.

You can enter on a 30 days stamp then get an extension (I believe 7 days) in Thailand for 1.900 baht

After your 30 days you cna go to a land border for a run in/out and get anoltehr 30 days stamp

You cna gte a tourist visa in USA before you arrive

Thank you,

I will get a tourist visa here in the US beforwe I leave. I can extend it 30 days after I'm there right?

-cr

If you get a single entry tourist visa in the US, you will get a 60 days period of stay stamp when you arrive in Thailand

Anytime during that period you can go to an immigration office and have it extended for 30 days at a cost of 1.900 baht