My Children's Visa And Passports

My wife and I have two children (girls) - both born in the UK and have UK passports. My wife is Thai and I am British. We are planning to go to my wife's parents house in Isaan for a month and then I want to go back to the Uk and leave the girls in thailand for a few more months. My question is - Can my children stay in Thailand for as long as they want or do they need a Thai Passport. And if they need a Thai passport can they get one in Thailand or do they need to apply in the UK for one. If they stay too long on their UK passports will they get charged when they leave for overstay or are they alright if they are staying with their mother?

My wife and I have two children (girls) - both born in the UK and have UK passports. My wife is Thai and I am British. We are planning to go to my wife's parents house in Isaan for a month and then I want to go back to the Uk and leave the girls in thailand for a few more months. My question is - Can my children stay in Thailand for as long as they want or do they need a Thai Passport. And if they need a Thai passport can they get one in Thailand or do they need to apply in the UK for one. If they stay too long on their UK passports will they get charged when they leave for overstay or are they alright if they are staying with their mother?

What are the ages of the children ?

One is 2 years old and one is 4 months

One is 2 years old and one is 4 months

You shouldn't have a problem with them. You could register their births and apply for Thai passports at the Royal Thai Embassy London to remove all doubt.

As said there will not be any major problem. If they enter on UK passports and overstay they will be marked as such on departure but there will not be any fine involved and it is routine. But do contact the Embassy about obtaining Thai passports as the sooner the better.