Being Driven Crazy By

ukdog

I am climbing the wall, half the time I cannot access either of their sites.

Can anyone recommend an e-mail provider who's site is up more than down.

I've done a search but they all sing their own praises. If anyone can recommend a good provider. :o

Cheers,

dog

Try using KSC, I use KSC webmail (10m) band never have a problem, or if you don't need 10mb you could try

Free email from Sanook

Free email storage 2 MB.

Spam filter (customize able)

Scan virus system

Email filtering (customize filter want/un want email)

or

http://airmail.thailand.net/

Free email storage 2 MB.

Spam filter (customize able)

Scan virus system

Email filtering (customize filter want/un want email)

Look at their site http://www.ksc.net.th/

Have you checked you do not have your privacy ( internet explorer - tools menu)set to high for the site to set or take a cookie to complete the sign in process...lower your cookie acceptance if you have to high....

just a thought with those type of websites.

for fun you could try postmanpat.org.uk always works for me....can watch a video while compiling or even sing along......

Translator,

Thought of that, I have it set at the lowest.

I am using Norton anti virus which I have found affected some areas but I have tried turning that off, no difference.

tukyleith,

I have and will

Thanks tufty, if Thailandexpat does not work out I'll give ksc a go.

dog

I use

excite.com

It is never down well not in the last 4 years that i know of.

It is very user friendly, weather,reminders,your picture on the home page,etc,etc,etc.

It has good fast e-mail usage, filters and themes.

I hope that this helps, edd. :D:o:D

Hi guys,

I am using an Aircard connection to the net via 'Hutch'

From the fact that others out here are not experiencing the same problem, I have to consider thats it's something my end, but what?

I am able to connect to thailandexpat.com and btinternet.com. and occasionally hotmail. (which has been fine all day)

I have tried lowering all my security and enabling everything, dropped the fire-wall etc. but for instance I have not been able to access Yahoo all day just get this message:

"YAHOO THIS PAGE IS CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE

Unfortunately, we are unable to process your request at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again later."

Any ideas welcome :o

dog

the page you see is a standard error page from internet explorer. like this

The page cannot be displayed

The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

this means that your request has gone off in the unknown somewhere. Possible causes in order of importance are.

1. Wrong DNS settings in your dialup connection or with your provider. (the translation fron www.hotmail.com to the ip adres is wrong or not existent)

2. problems with connection to the servers on the net , ask your provider to test their pc's.

3. problems with proxy cache from provider or from your browser. Check your settings under tools --internet options--general--tempory internet files -settings make sure it is on Check every visit to page. Delete your cache by using the delete files button and delete coockies button. try again.

get in touch with your provider, also run an anti addware program + your virus scanner. should get rid of it after these steps , otherwise it's in your providers connection.

Isn't it beautiful? My high tech ADSL-connection went out of order this afternoon in the office. Took me 3 hours tonight to look at the company - mail through mail2web.

On the positive side, my staff went home early, 'no e-mail so we save aircon and lights.'

Ah, phone contacts to real humans at the ISP, 'sorry, line is cut, cannot help'.

Worse, my wife: 'Why you come home so early, company no business?'

Confusion reigns ko :D

Having deligently gone through Darknights list, been told by Hutch that their good guys and I am at fault, (well what would one expect).

I was once more at Yahoo's log on page and clicked the secure log-on button, low and behold, shortly after there I was in my in-box :o

Now I am totally screwed :D

Anyone in Pattaya want to play with my machine?

dog

Confusion reigns ko :D

Having deligently gone through Darknights list, been told by Hutch that their good guys and I am at fault, (well what would one expect).

I was once more at Yahoo's log on page and clicked the secure log-on button, low and behold, shortly after there I was in my in-box :o

Now I am totally screwed :D

Anyone in Pattaya want to play with my machine?

dog

Talk to Steve at Liberty Computers (next to Mata Hari on Second Road).

When in UAE last year (and the year before) I gave up on Yahoo for just your reasons - same screens, so on. Twenty times trying to sign in. Again it was cookie protection business, but when I lowered my security I got spammed and pop-upped to death. So I dropped Yahoo. Hotmail was OK.

• 2 weeks later...

Now I am really in trouble,

I followed tuky's suggestion and and signed upfor a thailandexpat box.

First three days were ok, then things started going wrong. I was told that Folders I had arranged to store my mail claerly were nolonger available to me, although they were listed.

I then found out that all my messages were being returned to sender.

I sent off a plea or two for help, had to use another e-mail provider to do so as thailandexpat would let me write them but no send.

Now I have logged back on to find a message saying welcome to your new e-mail and low and behold everyone of my folders and all their contents have disappeared.

Smeone tell me this is all recoverable, please

dog